Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Review

Sjuzi

Hi,

I just finished my portfolio and I would be glad for all your opinions and suggestions. 

http://issuu.com/sjuzi/docs/portfolio_zuzana_kerulova

Aug 26, 14 12:46 pm
x intern

Based on complexity of the projects alone I don't think you will have problems getting a job with this.  I would lean toward the big firms if this is the type of work you want to do. 

Aug 26, 14 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

I'm unsure about the black background color.  The car showroom has a bit of the sky in the the atrium but  the rest of the sky cut out.   I think the Bamboo Skyscraper is your most successful project with the form seeming to be controlled really well.  Second would be the car showroom.  The other projects seem to be a little more flubby with their form.  Something about the first skyscraper looks a little thick.  It has an elegant motion but compared to the surrounding skyscrapers, something width wise looks out of proportion.  The interior render looks for it looks cool.  The same thing goes for the last project, it gets a bit wavy.

Overall, I'd agree that you'll probably have more success with larger corporate firms.  

Aug 26, 14 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

Sjuzi, perhaps I shouldn’t intrude but what are your intentions with this? Are you in school and just starting to develop a portfolio? Are you near out of school and crafting this for employment?

I am sorry but can’t see it because my browser is almost as old as I am. I think portfolios are only half of what you need for seeking employment. If this is your intention, seeking employment, I can help being a 40 year career owner and if you send me your email I’ll send you mine and I can help with seeking employment, if that is what you seek. You didn’t say anything about employment so pardon my interruption….if you just want graphics advice there are plenty here to help besides me.

Aug 26, 14 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
SiameseDream

My 2c,
Nice cover , but it's a big no-no to have a headshot/portrait in resume.
Black background is harder to get it right,  it's either a hit/miss.
Renders are good, plans though need TLC.

Aug 27, 14 1:50 am  · 
 · 
Sjuzi

Hi.

Thank you so much :) Yes, I just graduated and now I am trying to find job. I tried to make my portfolio simple and short, so I wanted to show renders at the most and then complexity of projects. And about black background, I think that it is easier to show my renders and elevations of buildings, because they are bright and it looks better on dark background.

Carrera, my email is [email protected]

I really appreciate your opinions, thank you.

Aug 27, 14 4:12 am  · 
 · 
RemIsActuallyAnAutobot

These are firm quality drawings. How could you possibly just be a new graduate?

Aug 27, 14 9:37 am  · 
 · 
Sjuzi

RemIsActuallyAnAutobot thank you so much! :) I always try to do my best for my designs.

Aug 27, 14 6:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: