Archinect
anchor

design methods/theories program suggestions

nordface

i'm pretty sure i'm interested in academia, research and teaching.

so, i'd appreciate any suggestion for master studies. registering in US is not my concern but wouldn't hurt.

SMArchS in Architectural Design at MIT and MSAAD at GSAPP are seem like matching with my research interests.

any other offer? 

Aug 25, 14 8:17 pm
KaylaF

Have you looked at any UK universities?  Many are very much focused on 'research'.  In particular you may want to look at programes at Cambridge, the AA, or the Bartlet.

Aug 26, 14 11:44 am  · 
 · 
nordface

thanks KaylaF, one of my recommender is a Cambridge alumni, i know about it but i'm think of UK for doctoral studies. also i'm an international applicant and have scholarship for US. 

Aug 26, 14 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
nordface

no other advice? 

Aug 28, 14 11:54 am  · 
 · 
KaylaF

You should look very carefully at costs for US vs UK.  Most US master's programs are 2  years whereas most UK ones are 1 year.  Also, UK fees tend to be significantly lower than US fees.  If you want to do a doctorate in the UK, it may be beneficial to get to the UK sooner so that you can make contacts, get to know schools and faculty, and make that transition easier.

Otherwise, there's certainly nothing wrong the programs or schools you've stated.  If they match your specific interests, then that's probably one of the best things you could ask for! 

Sep 1, 14 4:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: