Archinect
anchor

help

ALDAVIS

I have purchased a Lenovo lap top with i7 processor, NVidia 2gig video card, 1T SSD, and 8 gigabytes of RAM.

My rhino and grasshopper files continue to crash.

Are there settings that I can adjust to prevent this? I put maximum energy to graphics card. I feel that since I have just purchased a laptop for 1300$ with some of the latest stuff, why is my computer still crashing ?

Is my computer still [too weak]?

Aug 25, 14 1:55 pm
Bench

Rhino can struggle when it starts to load too many plug-ins on startup. Have you added on a bunch of other ones? I found the software to be painfully slow when I was loading GH/WB, T-splines and Diva on startup. Try uninstalling some of the more unnecessary ones if you dont absolutely require them, or disable them from loading automatically.

Aug 25, 14 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

^What he said.

Also check to see if your nvidia cards are Quadros, not GeForces.  If they are Quadros make sure accelerated hardware mode is turned "on" in options under "Open GL".  If they are not quadros, then make sure hardware acceleration is off and there's nothing in the background eating your CPU.

Aug 25, 14 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

the Q series (mobile and ultrabook) Intel processors are limited to around 2 Ghz, with more throttling depending on thermal conditions. 

Also, swap that 8gb stick of RAM for a 16 or 32 if you can find it. 

Aug 25, 14 6:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: