Archinect
anchor

Book for learning architectural drawing techniques

DTechnic

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

To get straight to the point.

I am a student of architecture and am deeply interested in 2 things, practicing sketching to the point of perfection and practicing architectural handwriting.

Can someone please recommend to me a good book which shows you diagrams of different drawing techniques for example; 2 point perspective, 1 point, 3 point and anything else that might be out there,

What I want exactly is a book that shows a floor plan and shows all the steps to creating a perspective drawing from the floor-plan, like the horizon line and all that.

I have been using a ruler and protractor to try and redraw and copy pictures of houses but it is extremely frustrating because its so time consuming, and little gets done and mistakes are so easy to make. I would rather sketch, but I want to draw accurate drawings as well, I want to make a floor-plan and draw an amazing perspective drawing of the building.

I know that sketching takes regular practice to improve, what I want is the knowledge of techniques, and I would love to have a good book to refer to (even though I could probably find what Im looking for on youtube)

thank you and I hope to get acquainted with users here as I develop my understanding and knowledge. 

Aug 14, 14 10:30 pm
archanonymous

Architectural Graphics, Ching

Aug 14, 14 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

I taught myself with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Perspective-Robert-W-Gill/dp/0500270430

but its drafting, it going to take time.

drawing takes time. if you don't enjoy it, well, god help you.

if you want to sketch, but aren't yet very good at drawing with your eye and your hand, then learn to measure with your thumb and your pencil (imagine cliché of squinting artist. it works.)

ive never read a ching book. lots of people recommend them, but they turn me off.

Aug 15, 14 2:49 am  · 
 · 
-------

I like Composite Drawing: Techniques for Architectural Design Presentation by M. Saleh Uddin.

As far as sketching, I like Visual Notes for Architects and Designers by Norman Crowe.

Aug 15, 14 6:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: