Learning Revit : Lynda vs. Digital Tutors vs. InfiniteSkills

Aug 11 '14 6 Last Comment
Aug 11, 14 6:12 pm

Which one is the best ? That'd be of great help.

Aug 11, 14 9:51 pm

I've used Lynda and digital tutors. Both are pretty much the same quality. They give you the basics, then it's on you to practice with your given software.

Aug 12, 14 9:59 pm

just plug yourself in like in the Matrix.

Aug 12, 14 11:13 pm

I've had a lot of success with Lynda. Particularly for Revit they have an incredibly expansive set of tutorials, at quite a few skill levels. I also dabbled in Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Vray, all of which I found to be excellent. Establishing a fundamental understanding of how the software works will always improve your work, and thats what the Lynda tutorials do.

Aug 13, 14 9:06 am

I learned the basics by using the PDF download available on Autodesk's website.

Also is a great resource.

Aug 13, 14 10:10 am

I used infinite skills DVDs, then switched over to the online $25/month to access all videos, they are OK, but for super specific questions, I always google or youtube search for tutorials.

The online deal seems like the way to go, you can access all the videos for a couple of weeks then kill your subscription, way cheaper than buying hard copy DVDs. 

Radu AxinteRadu Axinte
Aug 14, 14 6:42 pm

Well they all present the same software, but from a personal point of view Infinite Skills offer a better learning platform. You get from time to time a nice tip about a way around stuff.

And if you want to know at the end how much you know about the software, there is a platform called Knowledge Smart. It is an interesting platform and some recruiting companies use it for testing your skills before sending out your portfolio, so it would be a good idea to have a go at it if you have the chance.

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading