Archinect
anchor

Flag as Spam

jdparnell1218

If we flag every post under the "Ban Israel" thread, will it go away?  This is a forum for discussion of architecture;  tammuz's thread has gotten out of hand and should be dealt with.  Ignoring it obviously isn't working, because the same two users continue posting links to it and putting it at the top of the forum.   if I wanted a one sided, link sharing, yelling match, I would go to either Facebook or Fox News.  

Aug 7, 14 5:38 pm
drums please, Fab?

BAN THE 2 YOUSERS!!!

Aug 7, 14 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It's not so much spam as a collection of foaming at the mouth ramblings.

Aug 7, 14 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

JUST LIKE FAUX NEWS!!!

(for those who watch fox, 'faux' means 'false'.  and faux is a french word, 'french' which means 'freedom' yay!)

Aug 7, 14 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

can tammuz has cheezburger?

Aug 7, 14 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

#BringBackOurOrhans

:(

Aug 8, 14 1:19 am  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Petitions are so hot right now.

Sign and forward

https://www.change.org/petitions/paul-petrunia-remove-the-thread-archinect-please-boycott-israel-its-about-time

Aug 8, 14 8:29 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

HASBARA TACTICS

By controlling information one can control people and the social networks. Hasbara volunteers help to police social networks for Israel. The big media are dealt with throughBICOM and AIPAC, whilst the social media are policed unofficially by the Hasbara troll brigade. Priority is to stop influencers being compromised by anti-Israel sentiment.

Aug 8, 14 9:07 am  · 
 · 
jdparnell1218

Shut the fuck up.

Aug 8, 14 9:10 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

No one cares about your ramblings TAMMUZ.

Aug 8, 14 9:27 am  · 
 · 
jdparnell1218

If t a m m u z continues to troll, I will troll him right back with pro-Israel propaganda.

Aug 8, 14 9:29 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

lol.  from what i've seen, tammuz is trying to control information rather than hasbara

Aug 8, 14 9:35 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

oh no, tammuz is going to make another 1000 post thread. 

Aug 8, 14 9:52 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

tammuz your style is made by hasbro 

Aug 8, 14 10:00 am  · 
 · 

tammuz is doing to this forum what Israel is doing to Gaza.

Aug 8, 14 10:45 am  · 
 · 
jdparnell1218

Good one Miles.

If everyone flags him as a spammer, at the very least, his post get taken down.

Aug 8, 14 10:50 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i don't think that's how it works jdparnell.  this is a guess, but it seems to me there is a person who makes a judgement call as to whether a post is spam or not, rather than an automated system.  my next guess would be that orhan is part of the archinect staff.  i don't know if he has any sort of moderation power though.  either way, he thinks what tammuz is doing is a good thing, so that's where we are.

Aug 8, 14 11:02 am  · 
 · 
jdparnell1218

That's always nice.

Aug 8, 14 11:33 am  · 
 · 

i wouldn't recommend anybody banned or threads closed unless it gets unbearably personal and heavily inappropriate on an individual or, in these days, anti-semitic, anti islamic in a violent racist manner... you be the judge before you post. only then i would bring them to the attention of the powers who can delete them.

all this hooligan stuff on this thread is okay. keep going with the usual banality and shallowness of your posts. i find it occasionally entertaining. 

i've never recommended anybody banned even though i, my family and my private life was falsely regarded and insulted in most vulgar ways for things i've written/criticized/opined in a civil manner however spirited and outspoken. 

ultimately it is your responsibility, respectability, reputation, value of your thoughts and depth of your view of the world. hundreds of thousands if not millions read this site every month and less than .00001 % post here.

in my book, tammuz is not a spammer but a respected member whose writing and criticism certainly bring a lot of intelligence to this forum.

Aug 8, 14 12:08 pm  · 
 · 

I agree with Orhan. I'm not anonymous, and I have to stand by what I say here, or apologize if I later realize I've said something I don't stand by.

If you don't like the Gaza threads, don't click on them.  I haven't clicked on a single one of the "Should I go to Yale or Princeton or Kanye's School of Architecture?" threads because they don't interest me.

Aug 8, 14 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Orhan, TAMMUZ's intelligence  got lost somewhere on page 2 of his (now) ridiculous thread.

Aug 8, 14 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
jdparnell1218

Agreed.  It has become a nuisance.  I have done my best to just ignore it, but when it gets sent to the top of the thread list every day, it gets frustrating.  It also is no longer a thoughtful discussion, it is merely a shouting match (figuratively speaking).  This is a forum for architecture discussion.  I don't see how that thread contributes to constructive discussion about the practice of architecture, which is why it is spam.

If tammuz wants to discuss Israel and Hamas, he should go elsewhere.

Aug 8, 14 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

In a "free" society you do not have the right to not be offended, but you do have the right to offend.  This is free press.  One of the things that I like best about architect is disagreements. Without disagreement there is no debate.  Archinect is a place for debate. 

Aug 8, 14 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
jdparnell1218

Clearly you are both zionist and should be banned.

Just kidding.  I'll put my big boy pants on and get over it.

Aug 8, 14 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Tammuz is posting information for the most part and I have learned more from it than from these ban Tammuz threads...If you don't like it don't read it.  If you don't like Marilyn Manson dont listen, if you don't like seeing gays on tv change the channel.  I can't stand this Idea of trying to sanitize spaces be it archinect or zuccotti park or bed stuy.   Trying to intentionally create numb non-confrontational sterility by hiding ideas and societal ills. Wash the writings off the walls create a seperate entrance for the poor....Wouldnt want to see that stuff...Sterilization...This is the enemy of free space, and free space, be it virtual or physical, is the basis of free society.  

Aug 8, 14 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

This forum is broken. 

Aug 8, 14 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
A.I.

Are we seriously discussing censorship on Archinect right now?

If you don't like politics, just petition to remove the politics section all together if you think it has no place on an Architecture forum; but please do not ask the admins here to start regulating the flow of information based on the unsubstantiated opinions of a few.

Here's a more mature solution to propose to the Admins:

The same way we have an "Exclude Academia" option by Topic & Category, why not ask to simply add an "Exclude Politics" option?

Aug 10, 14 1:37 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

In actual fact, that thread calls for Archinect to boycott Israeli firms and institutions, cultural, economic, et al. As such, it is very relevant to Archinect; the topic is not just Israel by itself.  It is about Archinect's role and where I believe it should go in this area . In other words, its Archinect being conscious of itself, on that issue, from within. How can that not be pertinent to Archinect?

The category "Politics" here is a misnomer really (in fact, the western audience has become so "apolitical" that the category "Politics" starts even accepting things that should be, more importantly, humanitarian. This reminds me of something Zizek was talking about in one of his videos. How the West now perceives itself, in its hyper-capitalist state, as now being un-ideological (with reference to Fukuyama's "end of history") whereas it is, in fact, very ideological. Does this not remind you of Schumacher's stance by the way?), it is a very tangible issue about accepting to support an apartheid state that calls itself Israel, it is a humanitarian category.  

I believe that this "apolitical" malaise in the West is part of why things are going downhill in terms of democratic rights, in acceptance of being abused by the economic status quo, of being surveilled...all this goes hand-in-hand with the increasing detachment of the citizen from the core of power and, therefore, from her or his "citizenry". This apoliticism, this liberalist shame of being political (and again, this is Schumacher for you), this shame of being political that could mean ideological that could mean a naïve impracticality of swimming up-stream that could mean ceding the ultimate capitalist materialist wisdom (which the brainwashed believe is the only wisdom), that of economy.

Archinect sanitizes itself by putting up this filing box it calls "Politics" as if politics was so containable and.....avoidable.

Aug 10, 14 2:02 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

I haven't read any zizek since I had him as a prof. haven't read any Schumacher cuz it bores me to tears. but that was a pretty nice post.

Aug 10, 14 2:36 am  · 
 · 
shawnusD

history is cyclical and nothing that's happening now is anything new. like always, the extremes will push and pull eachother, and while everything seems to be changing, in the end nothing really is. Tammuz is a troll, but he will be forgotten like the rest of us.

now, how about that architecture? isn't it cool?

Aug 12, 14 9:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: