Archinect
anchor

thesis on reintegrating libraray trend into the community

zarafshan

This is my fifth year, and i am really confused whether i have a potential thesis topic or not,   for thesis i want to propose a new face of library in my city Rawalpindi (Pakistan), the problem i am looking into is that the trend of libraries is diminished due to the fact that they never got evolved over the time thus there is big gap, so my take on this topic is instead of filling the gap by evolved form of libraries in present in other parts of the world, there should be a complete new idea what a library could be by integrating it in common public activities and what architecture can play its role in this regard.

PS. the diminished  trend of libraries in Pakistan is due to the fact they were not given the opportunity of new and modern forms of libraries thus old ones (classical libraries)  are almost shut down because people don't go there any more.

Aug 4, 14 8:49 pm
accesskb

Rawalpindi.. name sounds familiar.  Isn't that where Osama ended up? haha

Anyways.. I think you have a very interesting topic for a thesis seeing how education and libraries are likely different in Pakistan due to culture and considering the issues that might be present in that region.  Its a nice topic for research and provides many possibilities for solutions to a problem.

Aug 4, 14 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
zarafshan

haha no osama was not found in Rawalpindi.

Aug 5, 14 6:54 am  · 
 · 
-------

I agree with accesskb, this could be an interesting topic as long as it's tailored to account for Pakistani issues. If you're not already familiar with it, you might want to take a look at the Sendai Mediatheque.

Aug 5, 14 11:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: