Archinect
anchor

partnering

graad

Are there any small firms looking for partners or firms that are looking to team up on projects?

Aug 4, 14 12:48 pm
Carrera

Graad, I hope this isn’t an employment ad. I will play along for the key words “Partner” and “Team-Up.”

Becoming a partner is in the upper reaches of the ladder and requires many attributes the least of which is “Rain Making”. Posting a flyer isn’t rain.

Teaming-Up also called joint-venturing is done all the time and is a great way for a smaller firm to use a larger firm to reach for larger projects. This is done by chasing a specific RFP not by posting a flyer on a telephone pole.

Aug 4, 14 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
graad

I should have placed this in another category but in some ways partnering is related to it. I don't think I can't move it.

I am a veteran in this business and have taken on various roles. I am well aware of what it takes to become a partner and to do business but I wanted to see what people were seeing these days in terms of joint venture, consolidating, merging, or acquiring other firms.

My interest seems to gravitate toward business development, client management, and design rather than doing the drawings. The thrill of the hunt and working with the clients is where I find the most satisfaction. The clients I have worked directly with have given me praise and compliments.

Late last year/early this year, I had looked as some acquisitions but in the end they fell through or offers came in before I could write a letter of intent.

Aug 7, 14 1:04 pm  · 
 · 

Where are you located? What states are you licensed in?

Aug 7, 14 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
graad

I am currently in Arizona. I have looked at California, Texas, and Florida.

I was authorized to test in Arizona starting in 2006. I recently had my clock renewed.

Aug 7, 14 3:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: