Archinect
anchor

Good Architecture/Design Podcasts?

jaemorton

I am in the car alot and have recently become addicted to various comedy podcasts. I'm wondering if anyone knows any good Architecure or even just general design podcasts.

Apr 6, 11 9:52 pm
toasteroven
http://99percentinvisible.org/
Apr 6, 11 10:36 pm  · 
 · 

KCRW has one I enjoy, though I haven't listened to it in awhile.

Apr 6, 11 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
jaemorton

Thanks.

Apr 6, 11 11:44 pm  · 
 · 

I agree with KCRW! You can also get video podcast and of lectures and just listen to the audio from the Canadian Centre for Architecture & the Architecture Leauge NY.

Apr 13, 11 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
dia

The Tate London had/has some good ones - pretty long lectures from the likes of Jacques Herzog, Peter Markli etc. Free through itunes.

Apr 13, 11 5:50 pm  · 
 · 

99% Invisible with Roman Mars out of KALW in San Francisco offers inspiring, well-produced features on architecture and design. Lots of human-driven stuff that's intelligent and informative without being condescending. The bits are relatively short (under 15 min) and vetted by other prominent podcast(er)s.

http://99percentinvisible.org/

Jul 17, 13 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
I have been wondering the same thing. The design podcasts out there seem to miss what some comedy podcasts ironically perfect. That is, the creativity that stems from long discussions. I never listen to my favorite comedy talks hoping for laughter. Contrarily, I have to download 15 design podcasts to get a couple hours of 15 separate conversations. Lectures are great, however, they often seem to lack character, and are not improvised discussions.
Jul 17, 13 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
everydayintern

Architecture ... In Your Ears

Jul 17, 13 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

It's not strictly architecture/design, but it's definately one that people on here will enjoy...

Up in the Great White North here we have an excellent national CBC radio show (also podcasted after each recording) called "Q with Jian Ghomeshi," which has been around for ~5 years and is steadily gaining momentum. The show focuses on arts, culture and current events from all over the world, but its strongpoint is the depth at which Jian can get a guest to open up through careful/thoughtful prodding. He's certainly one of the best interviewers I've heard in a long time, and the segments are interesting and poignant.

I highly recommend giving it a try, at least for a week or so. Its broadcasted across most of the US and Europe as well.

http://www.cbc.ca/q/

Jul 17, 13 10:05 pm  · 
 · 

How did I not know about this until today? Archispeak podcast.   vado thanks for introducing me to it - they're your biggest fan (after me, of course)!

Jul 28, 14 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
BusinessofArch

Good podcasts for architecture/design? Well, if you also want to run a good business listen to Business of Architecture (this is my show) and my buddy Mark LePage of Entrepreneur Architect .

You mentioned Archispeak also - love those guys (a good informal conversation).

Oct 15, 14 12:15 am  · 
 · 

dare i suggest Archinect ('s own) Sessions?

BenC, funny you should mention. My local NPR station just started carrying his show in last year or so. Stumbled across accidentally one day and been enjoying it since.

Oct 21, 14 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
abbazabba's comment has been hidden
abbazabba

Jaemorton and Others, I'll throw our own podcast into the mix - "The Midnight Charette". It is hosted by myself and Emma Pascal. We are both Architects in NYC. We discuss a many different things, though design and architecture are central topics. It's sometimes serious, sometimes funny and definitely NSFW. Check out our website.

We are on: iTunes Instagram YouTube  SoundCloud Facebook http://www.midnightcharette.com/

The Midnight Charette is a weekly podcast featuring New York architectural designers Bruce Mar and Emma Pascal who share their stories and thoughts about design, people and more.

Episode #001 Introduction, Amenities in the Ofiice, UFC 207, Crappy Judo, Awkward Karate, Eating Horses, House Pets, Having Kids

Episode #002 - Voyeurism and Security, Studio Culture, Digital Art at the Whitney Museum & Virtual Reality, Rendering & New Technology in Design

Episode #003 - Jello Shots, Partying, Architecture School in France, Student Internships, Design

Episode #004 - "Ching Chong Ling Long", Chinese in Colleges, Youtubers, Makeup 'Artists', Fashion Designers, Fake Hype, Leaving Offices

Episode #005 "Ching Chong Ling Long", Chinese in Colleges, Youtubers, Makeup 'Artists', Fashion Designers, Fake Hype, Leaving Offices

Episode #006 - Easter, Meditation for Vacation, United Airlines, Security Guards, Fat People, Weirdos on the Subway, Sexism, Ageism and Racism in Offices, Drinking Too Much Water, Blue Cheese & Nutella

Episode #007 - DNA Ethnicity Testing, Fit Bits, Selfie Drones, Fashionable People, Googleplex, Apple's New Campus, Self-Driving Cars, Architecture, Urban Design

Episode #008 - Bathroom Etiquette, Blondes in China, Traveling, Aliens, Glamping, Amazon Echo, Customer Service, Superheros, Bees, Beyonce

Episode #009 - Part 1 - Cinco de Mayo, Dating Apps, Facebook, Augmented Reality, Mobile Technology, Dogs & Hedgehogs, Urban Farming, Architecture Trends, Project Critiques: Mashambas Skyscraper | Instant City:Living Air-Right

May 11, 17 1:28 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

99 percent invisible, design observer podcasts, archispeak, and ken bitching about old ass white man playlists.

May 11, 17 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

also, entrearchitect is good for solo practitioner real world issues.

May 11, 17 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
ShakeyDeal
Night White Skies, Parksify (for the landscape lover in all of us).
May 13, 17 1:49 am  · 
 · 
Jamb'd

Inside the Firm

May 15, 17 11:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: