Archinect
anchor

Graduate Programs in Urban Design

hvz90

Hi,

I'm currently finishing my B.Arch in Brazil and have interest in continuing my studies abroad. My main area of interest is Urban Design, and I'm trying to find a program that will give me a lot of studio hours but also a resarch development possibility, as I pretend to pursue a PHD afterwards. 

I've already looked at Harvard GSD, but it would be very aggrandizing to hear different opinions about other schools and programs. The location doesn't matter that much, it could be either the US, Europe or as far as Australia or Hong Kong.  So, does anyone have some insight?

Thank you all for your time!! :)

Jul 30, 14 6:09 pm
Snoopy316

Australia would be nice.

Jul 30, 14 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
ecnal

If you are looking at Australia, the Masters of Urban Design at RMIT in Melbourne would be one to look at.

It is a studio/design based program, if that is what interests you.

http://www.rmit.edu.au/programs/mc193

Jul 31, 14 2:09 am  · 
 · 
KaylaF

Although a while ago now, I got my MUD from Washington University in St Louis and subsequently practiced as an urban designer.  I enjoyed the program and particularly the studios.  Some of the staffing has since changed, but I'd definitely suggest it for a look!

Jul 31, 14 4:41 am  · 
 · 
hvz90

Thank you for all the help. I'm kind of worried since most programs don't have the option for developing  a thesis, which would be very important for my future PHD plans. Is it only GSD that offers the thesis option?

Aug 1, 14 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
Hsin-Han Lee

Come to UMICH.

Apr 5, 15 2:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: