Archinect
anchor

Help regarding software used for visualisation

Prasoon

I wanted to know which visualisation software is used to create the attached image. It seems to be a 3d form with some post production using photoshop i guess. Any help??

Jul 12, 14 12:49 pm
jdparnell1218

You can do that with a variety of software.  Revit, SketchUp, CAD, et cetera.  Photoshop was more than likely involved.  Cool diagram.  

If I were to make it, I'd use Revit to do all the mass and shadow work and Photoshop to add the people, trees, text, and color.

Jul 12, 14 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
lukeggg

as jdparnell1218 stated there is a lot of 3d modeling software that could do that. However I am not quite sure that photoshop was used. To me it looks like it was all done with the help of Illustrator. http://paramod2.blogspot.com/2009/09/rhino-surface-soild-to-line-drawing.html is a good tutorial on taking a basic Rhino file and making it look nice in Illustartor.

Jul 12, 14 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect

^ I second lukeggg.

Jul 12, 14 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
apapaz
I'm guessing rhino and illustrator. Look up the make2d command for rhino
Jul 12, 14 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

^ I second this... rhino+illustrator

Jul 13, 14 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
Prasoon

Thanks everyone. I am still a beginner in Rhino. Let me try that anyways.

Jul 14, 14 9:16 am  · 
 · 
Prasoon

Meanwhile, if anyone can provide links for tutorials for making these kind of diagrams, plz share a link here.

Jul 14, 14 9:18 am  · 
 · 
Prasoon

@lukeggg: The link seems dead.

Jul 14, 14 9:20 am  · 
 · 
lukeggg

@Prasoon: The link still works for me, I just checked.

Another good resource for going from Rhino to Illustrator is Nick Senske. Here is one of his playlists. Videos 1-6 do a pretty good job of going through the entire process of using rhino, make2d, and changing attributes in Illustrator. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhvDrca5Bkqovs2R52FtRMJ5r1UeED9vz

Jul 14, 14 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
Prasoon

Great!! Thanks lukeggg...

Jul 15, 14 1:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: