Archinect
anchor

minimalist architects web site

go do it

what are some of your favorite minimalist architects web sites? and even web sites that are of the minimalist species  

Jul 2, 14 7:16 pm
haruki

Interesting question. There aren't very many good architect website of the minimalist or any persuasion that I can think of.  Two of the few and far between ones that come to mind are Office Kersten Geers David van Severen:

http://www.officekgdvs.com/

And one my graphic designer friends Outpost LA designed for another architect:

http://www.colterandco.com/

Jul 2, 14 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

places like this

and this

Jul 2, 14 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

the old 2x4 and pawson sites were nice

long since gone, though

Jul 2, 14 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
haruki

Architecten de Vylder Vink Taillieu have what could perhaps be called a "minimalist" website that is really good and that is as quirky and sophisticated as their work:

http://architectendvvt.com/projects/

It would be WAY easier to contribute to a thread on bad architect websites as the vast majority of architecture websites are absolutely terrible. 

I've been looking and looking for good examples in preparation for having my own website redone. The pickings are slim. 

Jul 3, 14 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
haruki

Are there ANY other suggestions for good crisp and clean architect websites out there? I've started looking again in preparation of tackling a website for myself and the pickings just seem so slim.

I really wonder why so many architects seem to have such bad websites. I'm thinking that most of the architects who are established enough to have websites are old enough to have come of age in the era of disco so they hold the flashy aesthetic of that era as something positive and also came of age pre-internet so they are still dazzled by it and don't really understand it but I don't really know the reason........ 

Photographers and artists seem to have better websites but they don't need to organize as much information about a project as architects do. 

If there are any well organized architecture sites to study out there please post some links!

Nov 9, 14 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

here's a somewhat random selection of sites I think work well, some more corporate others more quirky. Not exactly minimalist, but they are simple and don't do weird things. And all of them run smoothly on my quite slow office connection. I prefer the ones that let you click through to a particular project or info page, and scroll vertically or not at all.

Sometimes minimalism goes too far - the Office KGVDS site you posted is very abstract. It would be hard to figure out what they do without a lot of scrolling. It's a model best suited to a small practice and academics. It gets tougher when you want to sort projects by type, location, year, status - and include substantial information about the firm's profile, news, other updates.

I do feel like architects' websites have gotten much better in the last few years. I credit this to Apple's efforts to break Flash, and maybe the money trickling into website design from Silicon Valley's start-up culture.

Peter Ruge
Hacin Associates
Grafton Architects
Spatial Practice
Dirk Denison Architects
Heatherwick Studio
Deborah Berke Partners
Studio Gang

Nov 9, 14 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

And the winners are:

1st place Hacin Associates

2nd place Deborah Berke Partners

3rd place Studio Gang

Nov 9, 14 10:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: