Archinect
anchor

Freelance Architecture Work...

Ok, so I've got a question pertaining to doing freelance design work. I know it can be looked down upon, but I'm in a bit of a situation where it's almost a necessity. I'm about to embark on an adventure where I'll be traveling and living in a location every 8 months for the next roughly 4 years. Finding a job may be hard enough as it is, and now with this situation, it is going to make it that much tougher. So, since I'll be in locations from the Midwest in the US to either Singapore or Dubai, I need to find a way to keep money flowing. 

This is why I'm turning to freelance work, and tossing the question out there if any of you have had an experience doing so and was it enough to sustain a suitable lifestyle from?

Jul 1, 14 11:56 am
RemIsActuallyAnAutobot

No.

Jul 3, 14 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Freelance work takes time and connections to acquire.   It will be very difficult to essentially start a new business every 8 months in a new place.  

Jul 3, 14 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

you might try elance.com

Jul 3, 14 3:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: