Archinect
anchor

Compressing Work Samples

stevenas135

Hey architects,

I need tips on compressing work samples to be under 5MB, sometimes under 2MB...for very picky firms. How do you guys do it?

If I export with vectors my files are huge, so I've tried exporting JPGs from Indesign at 150ppi, then converting them to PDFs.  Each page is roughly around 1MB...But still the quality of the images are not great in the end. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Jun 29, 14 3:14 am

All I know is 72 dpi is screen resolution which should be perfect clear at 100%. 

and you can also lower the jpg quality to 70-80 and that will make a big difference too.

but these probably wont take you down to 5 mb or even 2.. so I would like to know how people actually do that too :D

Jun 29, 14 7:44 am  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

Save or reprint the PDF to reduce size PDF.  There should be an option under file > save as.  If that cant be done w/ your computer or PDF reader, try opening it in Photoshop and reduce the size of the art work for example from 24"x36" to 8.5"x11." You can always compress all your PDF works into one single file or into a single zip folder.

Jun 29, 14 11:48 am  · 
 · 
natematt
I'd start by printing to PDF rather than exporting.
Jun 29, 14 1:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: