Archinect
anchor

This is whats wrong with our profession

accesskb

Hundreds of talented and capable architects looking for work/projects, while some 'superstar' product/interior designer gets hired to design a crappy building

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/06/26/permits-filed-for-karim-rashid-designed-fort-george-rentals/

Jun 28, 14 12:54 am
awaiting_deletion

YES - that is what's wrong with the profession - the profession can't deliver this under any business or regulated professional model so those who can think outside the box and work with the few professionals that know how to make this happen (like in NYC) make this happen.

you throw this out like a complaint.

my question - why can't you make this happen?

what hurdle or ideological bullshit that is irrelevant to reality is causing AIA members and other religious architectural zealots to not deliver this for clients?

what is your malfunction Architecture with a capital A? (gomer pile)

anyone trying to be 'projective'?

Jun 28, 14 1:18 am  · 
 · 

Are you referring to the design - “a losing game of Tetris" - or the fact some product decorator designed it?

Jun 28, 14 10:06 am  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
LOL a lilac bush reinterpreted as a pixelated design? What a piece of garbage. That looks awful.
Jun 28, 14 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
drewjmcnamara
The extent to which he designed it means he could have submitted a graphic to an architect, who then made it happen. Plenty of real architects and engineers and contractors made the project happen, regardless of the origin of the facade design. Not to mention, if the design reception is sour, it still works in architects' favor.
Jun 28, 14 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
drewjmcnamara
The extent to which he designed it means he could have submitted a graphic to an architect, who then made it happen. Plenty of real architects and engineers and contractors made the project happen, regardless of the origin of the facade design. Not to mention, if the design reception is sour, it still works in architects' favor.
Jun 28, 14 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
drewjmcnamara
Damn phone. Double post. Apologies all around.

In fact, this double post and my ineptitude with technology is a bigger outrage than this thread.
Jun 28, 14 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
RemIsActuallyAnAutobot

What's wrong with our profession is people thinking they have the "right" opinion of what is garbage and what is not.

Jun 28, 14 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i think everyone has a 'right' to an opinion.

some people just don't seem to understand what their opinion is really worth.

bu then, that's just my opinion and nobody really cares what my opinion is ;)

Jun 28, 14 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

ObamaCare

Jun 28, 14 7:49 pm  · 
 · 

What's wrong with our profession is people thinking they have the "right" opinion of what is garbage and what is not.

Opinions are like assholes - everybody has one.

Jun 28, 14 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
"Opinions are like assholes - everybody has one."

And they all stink.
Jun 28, 14 11:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: