Archinect
anchor

FREE RIDES ANYONE?

^^

Hi everyone,

So I think I do need a free ride to go to grad school (March I). I've been told that is impossible but I was wondering if you knew of any case where someone with high financial got a free ride. I think that at least you could get one at schools with a big endowment like Harvard and MIT, etc.

Nov 24, 10 7:56 pm
mdler

we all need free rides, my friend...there is a reason that I (along with many others) are paying back our student loans

Nov 24, 10 8:19 pm  · 
 · 

There are several people at my school who are here on full academic scholarship or fellowship. If you have very competitive work, it is not uncommon to secure full funding regardless of your financial need.

Nov 24, 10 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

princeton?

Nov 24, 10 11:34 pm  · 
 · 

Rice will pay you if you are good.

Nov 25, 10 1:24 am  · 
 · 

I thought you were looking for someone to give you a bicycle or a ride to work... my bad

Nov 25, 10 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
Medusa

I went to grad school for free, but this only happened through savvy networking and the fact that I was qualified for the scholarship I was offered.

Your best bet is going to a state school and applying for scholarships (try fastweb.com) because a free masters is better than no masters (or one that will leave you $100k in the hole). I have two lowly state school degrees and I have had no problem finding employment and higher wages in the down economy.

Nov 26, 10 12:05 am  · 
 · 
headyshreddy

mustache rides?

Dec 1, 10 11:31 pm  · 
 · 
WayneWL

Princeton, MIT and Rice all give free rides to some applicants. Even schools like WUSTL may give a few free rides. The only problem is that you must be really amazing.

Apr 7, 14 12:43 am  · 
 · 
elizabethnew

Any body can get a free ride in school but only at one condition and that is he should be excellent in studies.If you are good enough in studies then you can surely can free education.All the best.

Apr 7, 14 1:10 am  · 
 · 
back_forth

I got a free ride to Upenn, so it's definitely possible! 

May 1, 14 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
The Great Northern

Penn State offers full-tuition waivers and teaching assistantships for their accredited MArch:

https://stuckeman.psu.edu/arch/professional-master-architecture-track

May 1, 14 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

note cost of living can make a difference - many schools will offer full tuition scholarships (though some have performance requirements, ie if you slack off, they pull the scholarship), but cost of living alone can burn you pretty bad.

May 2, 14 2:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: