Archinect
anchor

International practice

kaylastoker
I am currently going through the process to become licensed in the United States. I eventually want to get into international practice with no one set country in mind. I have been looking into how a US license would carry over especially if I would be moving around a lot. I see a lot about foreign architects having trouble getting reciprocity when trying to practice here, but I haven't been able to find much on going the other way. Does anyone have any information or related personal experiences that would help me out? It would be greatly appreciated!

Jun 14, 14 11:24 pm
TED

You question is too broad.  Every country has different rules and regulations - generally if you work for a practice doing work abroad, often initially it is with an local practice who formally is the architect of record.  If the practice has the capability practice directors/partners or other senior members of staff become the licensed professional.  

Good step to get licensed somewhere to start.  If a country does allow reciprocity, it will require you to be qualified somewhere.

Jun 15, 14 4:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: