Archinect
anchor

this movie scene sums up the Architecture Dilemna pretty well

awaiting_deletion

...clearly spending too much time on the Archinect Boards, but just remembered this scene from years ago on the Social Network Movie, the Larry Summers character sums up the very dilemma about this profession/art/education...I changed Harvard to Architecture.

“Yes, everyone in architecture is inventing something, Architects believe that inventing a job is better than finding one, so I’ll suggest again that the two of you come up with a new new project.”

Think about all the great things modern architecture did for the construction industry...more recently 3D modeling and animation for HGTV and Real Estate marketing..fabrication..out of the hands of architects into the hands everyone else.

enjoy. (think of all the stereotypes about architects you can extract from this scene while at it, ha)

social network scene with larry summers and winklevoss twins

Jun 10, 14 11:45 pm
ArchNyen

This does not have anything to do w/ architecture!!!

4 mins of my life I can never get back.

Jun 11, 14 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Come on man...the winklevoss twins as architects and architecture as harvard....you don't see it? The qoute man the qoute. I guess if you thought architecture was a salary job based on a technical education, the analogy flies right over the head.

Jun 11, 14 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

wow.

another minute of my life wasted for reading the comment.

hahha, ok, ok, fine. I guess I can see where you are coming from. But can't it just be more straight forward like... "I am gonna squash you like a grape."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFzcy6hYhuA

Jun 11, 14 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I wish you could link in the video. Who squashed who here? If I was the grape (architect) and the hands were society I would reinvent myself as a little pee or maybe a banana. That should take more than 15 seconds to read. Waste away my friend, go draft me some grapes.

Jun 11, 14 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

worst post on archinect ever

Jun 11, 14 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

watch out.

his power level IS OVER 9000!!!!

Jun 11, 14 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Damn QNT...worse than. 'Review my portfolio' or 'rank the school' or 'I hate myself and architecture'....surely better than Chicken or Egg?! I guess you cant use pop culture to make an intelligent critique on architecture. Damn ADD internet kids.

Jun 11, 14 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

9 million 9 million little pees

Jun 11, 14 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Quan I get it now, my bad

Jun 11, 14 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Quan I'm seeing a pattern in your reponses to my random tangents - you angry

from Chick or Egg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quan Nyen Tran

May 18, 14 9:29 am

the poor intern who just got his 150k-student-loan degree worth and is willing to work for peanuts.

f*cking economy! lets all move to Asia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level up man, level up - and Invent a job!

toodles

Jun 11, 14 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

lol

Ok, ok, you win. BEST Archinect post ever!!!

Jun 11, 14 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Please. No one in my class had the muscle mass to pull a doorknob off a door. We weren't majoring in Rec & Leisure!

Jun 11, 14 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

This post is still alive? Why oh why... Who has the high score? Door Knob Destroyer vs Grape Squeezer vs Scott Pilgrim as Architect! .....a side note in the Gehry Talks book Frank Gehry says he is a Brooks Brother kind of guy...

Jun 12, 14 6:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: