Archinect
anchor

New Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2014 preview

Serpentine Galleries from London has recently announced that Chilean architect Smiljan Radić will design the 2014 edition of their famous summer temporary pavilion in Kensington Gardens. Along with presenting the new pavilion, we prepared a summary of ALL pavilions designed in the past years. From 2000 Zaha Hadid's design, to Gehry, Libeskind, Sanaa and Herzog & de Meuron ones, just to name few. You can watch all 14 pavilions here: 
http://www.inexhibit.com/case-studies/serpentine-galleries-pavilions-history/

What's your favourite one? And do you like the incoming one?

Jun 10, 14 4:20 pm
x-jla

Sou Fujimoto my favorite

not crazy about this new one.

Jun 10, 14 5:45 pm  · 
 · 

Let's see how it will be, but I substantially agree with you: Fujimoto, Herzog & DeMeuron and  Eliasson+Thorsen in my opinion are the most fascinating.

Jun 11, 14 5:02 am  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

Zumthor

Jun 11, 14 9:19 am  · 
 · 
IDEA Architecture College

We liked all of them but  'Herzog & de Meuron and Ai Weiwei' was unbelievable.

Jun 13, 14 6:30 am  · 
 · 

The Smiljan Radić  proposal looks interesting - like a building turned inside out.

I pretty much love all of them. It's been a great program to see small experiments.

Jun 13, 14 11:43 am  · 
 · 

I agree with Donna,

You can prefer one over another, love one and hate many, say "at least the usual archistars egos made a real thing",  but hey....where you could see high quality temporary architectures FREE to all and designed by the most important architects in the world. Thanks to Serpentine Galleries for that!

Jun 14, 14 5:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: