Archinect
anchor

Roadkill

treekiller

The nytimes got me thinking about architecture as roadkill, like a suburban strip with 12 lanes and no sidewalks.

there is a certain type of architecture that populates this land of careening cars where no creature can safely traverse without being wrapped in a cocoon of steel.

or maybe we should just talk about flattened and dessicated carcases as a free source of protein...

Sep 13, 10 2:55 pm
Legal Jaywalking and Safer Streets

, relevant, via Slog.

Sep 13, 10 3:04 pm  · 
 · 

i know people who have eaten/eat roadkill. uggghh

Sep 13, 10 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Donna, the sidewalk idea seems cool, if half-assed in execution. If you keep the cars from approaching beyond the furthest point of the arched crossing markers, why bother arching the crosswalk to begin with? You end up with a wider crosswalk, and little else.

Sep 13, 10 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Also, if your state allows for right turns on red light, this scheme will produce lots and lots of roadkill. Me thinks the author of this one hasn't left NYC in 3 years.

Sep 13, 10 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

on time i watch a BBC program talked about some london ppl on road kill diet? serious?

Sep 13, 10 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

aspect, when did you lose complete command of English language? :)

Sep 13, 10 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

(forget my english) please enlighten me! is roadkill some kind of diet in the western world?

Sep 14, 10 1:49 am  · 
 · 
bRink

I thought this was going to be about architectural roadkill...

Sep 14, 10 1:52 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

roadkill is not part of the western diet. It is however, the main ingredient in American beer.

Sep 14, 10 2:04 am  · 
 · 

I miss treekiller!

This was the last thread he ever posted...

Feb 18, 17 10:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: