Archinect
anchor

Just a question about unusual portfolio content

Just thought I'd ask a quick question that's been gnawing at the back of my mind for some time. I'm a graduate of architecture (B.S Arch) and I'm taking some time to try and get some work experience in a firm before moving on to a masters. For a couple of years now I've been experimenting with unconventional rendering techniques (examples below are a mix of architectural work and just freeform nonsense). I'm curious, do you think that having this kind of stuff in my portfolio is ok. I'm kind of worried that it might throw up red flags and lead me to be dismissed as a candidate.

Jun 3, 14 9:31 pm
BulgarBlogger

I would put these in an academic portfolio for when you are applying to Grad School... if you must include them however, I would put them last. 

Jun 6, 14 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
Spidey

I agree with BulgarBlogger, if you decide to put them on the portfolio I'd suggest you put them last on a separate section. Personally I think you should put some of these- only the ones you think are your best- they show another creative side to you. Other people commonly put freehand drawings and photography- but you can stand out by showing this.  

Jun 6, 14 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
kmahoney7

Righto then, good to know, I'll simply put them in their own section partially divided from my more proper architectural work and hopefully I won't come off as being too far out in left field. Thanks lads.

Jun 7, 14 12:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: