Archinect
anchor

BIG U project wins in New York City

Great compliments to my magazine's friends Danish BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group and Dutch One Architecture for their "BIG U" winning design of the huge competition “Rebuild by Design” in New York City!

They kindly sent us some fresh material.  If you like, you see here on Inexhibit magazine...

http://www.inexhibit.com/marker/big-u-winning-design-new-york/

Jun 3, 14 12:12 pm
3tk

I love the renderings - city's edge evacuated and the couple running through the waves... Coast Guard must love that.

All these plans irk me - the wall will be breached, so the point of making a sexy flood wall that can contain water as much as resist it reminds me too closely of the NOLA levee system.  Is it really that innovative? or is it some pretty images cranked out by $25k/yr interns? 

Jun 3, 14 1:51 pm  · 
 · 

Dear 3tk,

I know these guys, they are very serious architects and really experienced in that matter, have a look at THIS MUSEUM by them: they converted an ordinary dry dock in one of the most interesting museums in Europe. I deem this Danish practice one of the best architectural firms around...and I am Italian! ;)

Jun 3, 14 4:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: