Archinect
anchor

AIA contract for hiring the subcontractors for clients

Rem007

Is there a standard form of  AIA contract between the architect and Subcontractors to make installments for the Client?

Also, how does the agreement work with the Client?

In other words, I would need to kinds of contracts.

One between the the architect and subcontractor.

Another contract between the Architect and Owner for providing install and material of finishes, fixtures and cabinets.  (note that I'm not talking about the B141 since the level of services is beyond design and getting ready to issue a permit)

Jun 2, 14 4:45 pm
BulgarBlogger

No. There is never a contractual relationship of any kind between the Contractor and Architect, ESPECIALLY sub-contractors!!!

Jun 2, 14 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

What nonsense are we talking about here!

Such CRAZY TALK i tell ya!!! CRAZY!!!

Jun 2, 14 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
haruki

Yikes, this sure sounds like a scary scenario. And there is talk of allowing people to get licensed just out of school.......

Jun 2, 14 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
Rem007

I'm not talking about contracting with a general contractor.  Basically I want to have more control of the interior finishes, so I want to install... It's not like this has never been done.. Interior designers do this all the time.  That's why they make more money than Architects.

Jun 2, 14 8:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: