Archinect
anchor

personal (color) laserjet printers

Hey everyone. I'm looking into the possibility of buying a personal laser jet printer that can print color. I'm having a hard time getting this answer straight though: is it possible to do full bleed on a laserjet printer?

Aug 29, 10 2:59 pm
Rusty!

You can probably google around for product reviews, but my understanding is that, unless you are willing to drop some big money, all desktop laser printers that do color are inferior to their ink-jet counterparts. B&W laser printers are still far superior to inkjects if you plan on printing a lot of black and whites, but the picture changes once you decide to go full color. Maybe someone else can chime in with personal experience?

Aug 29, 10 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

personal experience, no, but I'm researching a new printer now b/c my hp is 6 years old and starting to go

from what i've read, some high quality modern laser printers are able to match the quality of inkjets on plain paper stock -- but not on glossy

so it sounds like for general office use on office paper, a good laser printer may equal the quality of an inkjet, but for presentation materials on glossy paper, it is still not even close

i believe i read this on tom's hardware, which i consider a trustworthy site

i've always had hp -- once briefly used an epson

now i'm considering canon, lexmark and brother as well

does anyone have recommendations as to best (or worst) for image quality and durability?

Aug 29, 10 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
megaform

I too am looking for some advice on this same issue.  I anticipate printing predominantly working drawing material, linework etc but would like the versatility of a machine that can do reasonable quality colour printing as well.  Of course, affordability is critical and I need to be able to print 11x17. Does a decent quality home printer exist?  I have had great experience with Epson printers in the past for presentation material but recall limitations with respect to paper availability and versatility.  I would go out and buy one now if I knew that I could feed more widely available 11x17 stock through it without impacting print quality...

Sep 15, 14 4:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: