Archinect
anchor

Architectural Programs in Florida

PG32

Hey I am a sophomore in high school and have recently been looking at architectural programs in Florida, and I have some questions for those who have gone through programs in Florida or have any insight into this topic.

I have extensive experience with AutoCad and Revit, have really good drawing skills and can build things. I am in the top 15% of my school with a GPA of 3.8. I will work to put myself through college and have even started to take some dual enrollment courses to alleviate some money later on. I also am very good at Industrial design, mostly transportation design, will this help me later on? 

I want to know what would be the better option, going straight to a Florida SUS or getting my 2 year AA at either FSCJ, SJRCC, (architectural programs and I live close), then transferring to a Florida SUS school?

Also what schools have the best ( as in programs offered, graduation/career rates, accreditation, and overall most rewarding) programs in Florida?

I have also looked at SCAD in Savannah/Atlanta because it offers both architectural and industrial design programs, it is a reputable school?

Thank You, anyone who offers any insight will be of great help as there is not much info on architectural schools in Florida out there on the net. 

Jun 1, 14 5:27 pm
archmart

If you're planning on becoming a licensed Architect in the future, I would go with a NAAB Accredited degree. In Florida, these are your options (http://www.naab.org/r/schools/results.aspx?f1_4580=f&f1_4597=FL):

Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University School of Architecture 

Florida Atlantic University School of Architecture 

Florida International University Architecture Department 

University of Florida College of Design, Construction and Planning 

University of Miami School of Architecture 

University of South Florida School of Architecture & Community Design 

Good luck.

Jun 2, 14 2:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: