Archinect
anchor

Proffesional Investigation into the role of an Architect

Chattie

I am currently undertaking an Interior Décor Certificate through the Southern Institute of Technology in New Zealand. One of the assignments requires me to complete an investigation on the organisation of the Building Industry and of the Decorating Industry.

I need to gain information from an Architect, I would greatly appreciate your input and response as to how your role differs from other roles in the industry, your education background and the professional development that is available to you. 

I am hoping to gain greater understanding of the following:

·         The educational background involved in your role.

(Duration of study, experience required)

·         A general overview of your role.

(How your role relates to designing, decorating or construction)

·         Your views of other professionals on the building site.

(Designers, Architects, Decorators, Builders)

·         How do you keep abreast of technological changes in the industry?

Do you attend any conferences, exhibitions or workshops?

Do you liaise with other professionals in the industry for support?

What professional journals do you read?

What reference manuals or textbooks you find most helpful?

How often do you update your reference materials?

Any response that you can offer would greatly assist with my analysis of the differences that exist between professionals within the design and construction field and also how each role interacts within the industry.

I really appreciate you taking the time to assist in my studies and hopefully in the future I may be in contact with you as a professional in the industry.

May 31, 14 11:20 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: