I am currently enrolled in the Interior Design Certificate Program at Parsons. Classes are great and Maharam has allowed me to concentrate on my schoolwork while also working fulltime. Still, I am looking to transition into an Interior Design firm in order to fully immerse myself in this world.
I have a good eye and I am a fast learner. I want to be surrounded by the best and learn to hone my design skills. I'm no stranger to hard work or long hours. If you think I might be a good fit in your firm, please contact me!
Maharam, New York, Adminitrative Assistant / Receptionist
- Assist communications department with guest lists / invitations for external events - Salone del Mobile Milano, Frieze, NeoCon
- Work with graphic designer on invitations for internal events
- Coordinate museum events; manage all museum memberships (MoMA, Dia: Beacon, Cooper Hewitt)
- Manage and track Google Analytics
- Provide administrative support to head of design & senior consultants
Brunswick Group, New York, NY, US, Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
- Tracked accounts & assisted in project management
- Assisted company's event planner - ex. Annual Partner's Meeting, Media Party, Holiday Party
- Provided administrative support to CEO & Senior Partner
- Scheduled travel & managed expenses for 13 Associates
New York Center for Child Development, New York, NY, US, Evaluation Coordinator
- Managed 70-90 cases of preschooler educational evaluations
- Liaised daily with day cares and preschools throughout Manhattan, Bronx & Brooklyn
- Staffed team of special educators, speech therapists, occupational therapists & physical therapists per need of individual case
- Co-led 8-week socialization program for pre-screened students
New York Center for Child Development, New York, NY, US, Assistant Behavioral Therapist
- Implemented early intervention strategies while teaching toddlers diagnosed with pervasive developmental disorders
- Analyzed quantitative data to improve understanding of overall Individualized Education Plans
- Administered & evaluated screening tests to new students
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, Interior Design
I am currently enrolled in the Certificate Program at Parsons. These courses will provide me with the skills necessary for working in an Interior Design firm.
School of Visual Arts (SVA), New York, NY, US, Interior Design
I began taking classes at SVA in the school of Continuing Education in January of 2012. I have taken four classes at the school, feeling truly at home in the Interior Design department. There, I learned of ways to channel my creativity into other areas of interest. I have a special interest in creating Autism friendly spaces and schools.
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA, US, Bachelors, Social Work
I received a Bachelor of Social Work, with a concentration in Family Studies, from James Madison University in December 2009. There, I was very active in the volunteer world of the community, organizing local food and clothing drives and offering my services at local elementary schools. Throughout the fall of 2009, I worked as a Social Work Intern at Shenandoah Valley Social Services. I shadowed case workers and observed the world of Child Protective Services. I was able to work in a team with lawyers, teachers, law enforcement and medical professionals to advocate for the needs of children in the Shenandoah Valley.