I am currently working as a receptionist/administrative assistant in a financial PR firm. I have done very well in this position, but I am looking to make a career shift. I have been taking Continuing Education classes at the School of Visual Arts for the past 2 years and would love to enter the creative field of Interior Design. I work very well in fast-paced, stressful environments. I am able to juggle phones, emails and incoming guests without breaking a sweat. I have a cheery demeanor and will always greet you with a smile.
Brunswick Group, New York, NY, US, Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
• Manage all vendor contracts
• Schedule travel and manage expenses for 13 Account Directors and Associates
• Create and maintain office-wide client schedule
• Maintain records of active accounts in San Francisco, Dallas, Washington, DC and New York; report information to US Capacity Team and assist in analysis of information when staffing a new account
• Actively participate in company’s event planning team (internal and external events)
New York Center for Child Development, New York, NY, US, Evaluation Coordinator
• Managed 70-90 cases of preschoolers receiving educational evaluations
• Created and supervised schedules for staffed Psychologists and department’s assistant
• Provided weekly updates for parents and DOE Administrators
• Liaised daily with day cares and preschools throughout Manhattan, Bronx and Brooklyn
New York Center for Child Development, New York, NY, US, Assistant Behavioral Therapist
• Implemented early intervention strategies while working with toddlers diagnosed
with Pervasive Developmental Disorders
• Analyzed quantitative data to improve understanding of overall Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
School of Visual Arts (SVA), New York, NY, US, Interior Design
I began taking classes at SVA in the school of Continuing Education in January of 2012. I have taken four classes at the school, feeling truly at home in the Interior Design department. There, I learned of ways to channel my creativity into other areas of interest. I have a special interest in creating Autism friendly spaces and schools.
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA, US, Bachelors, Social Work
I received a Bachelor of Social Work, with a concentration in Family Studies, from James Madison University in December 2009. There, I was very active in the volunteer world of the community, organizing local food and clothing drives and offering my services at local elementary schools. Throughout the fall of 2009, I worked as a Social Work Intern at Shenandoah Valley Social Services. I shadowed case workers and observed the world of Child Protective Services. I was able to work in a team with lawyers, teachers, law enforcement and medical professionals to advocate for the needs of children in the Shenandoah Valley.