Hi, my name is Devin Phillips, and I'm a graduate of the Andrews University School of Architecture. Since graduating from school, I've worked at two firms. The first was ADL Architecture. While there, I worked mostly on commercial projects in the south-western area of Michigan. I spent a year working at ADL before moving back home to NYC in search of a job in the big city.
After spending some time searching for a firm, I was hired by Atelier & Co., a small design in the Williamsburg, Brooklyn. While there, I worked on many facets of architecture. From schematic design to construction documents. It was a fantastic learning opportunity.
Atelier & Co./AJ.T Architect, Brooklyn, NY, US, Junior Architect Intern/CAD manager
• Worked under the supervision of the principal/registered architect and the head designer in the development of large scale residential projects
• Schematic design development for high-end residential interior elevations, floors and ceilings.
• Hand rendering of interior elevations, floors and ceilings.
• Worked with various consultants to produce construction documents for interior and exterior drawings
• Worked with the structural engineer to create the structual steel layouts and details for large scale residential projects.
ADL Architecture, Berrien Springs, MI, US, Intern Architect
• I Worked closely with the principal of the firm in design development of commercial and residential projects.
• Produced construction documents for many commercial buildings with the use of Auto CAD.
• Used AutoDesk Revit and SketchUp to create three dimensional building and site models.
Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI, US, MArch, Architecture
Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI, US, BArch, Architecture
Congress for New Urbanism Charter Award, 1st Place
The "Charter Award" is given every year by the Congress for New Urbanism for excellence in town planning and urban development.