see all...Viewing 3 out of 6 projects
I recently graduated from the UCLA AUD earning my Master of Architecture. My education began with undergraduate studies at The University of Illinois - Chicago where I graduated from the SoA in 2007.
Gehry Partners, LLP, Los Angeles, CA, US, Designer/Architect
I currently work as a Designer and Intermediate Architect on various office spaces and residential projects in the USA and UK.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA, US, Undergraduate Studio instructor
Individual responsibilities for the studio entailed meeting twice a week with 15 students to discuss their design ideals and provide feedback on appropriate modes for improving ideas and concepts. In addition to teaching on individual basis, organizing pin-ups, presentations, and inviting jurors for students reviews became tasks for progressing the studio. The yearly event at UCLA - Rumble -called for the organization of the students work in order to create an exhibition for guest jurors and visitors. This served as the culmination of students work for the 2012 academic year.
Behnisch Architekten, Los Angeles, CA, US, Intern Designer
1. Helped introduce the seven person firm to Revit 2012 as they worked to transition work from traditional CAD construction document production to BIM construction document production.
2. Helped create a working set of construction documents for a local parking structure in Santa Monica, California using Revit 2012.
3. Developed a parametric perforation pattern for the facade panels adorning the parking structure using Grasshopper for Rhinoceros 5.0.
4. Worked with three other individuals in the production of the New Taipei City Art Museum competition entry for Behnisch Architecture. Individual work included exploring programming models, massing studies, high performance skin concepts, presentation board layouts, and final, post-processed imagery for competition illustrations.
John Friedman Alice Kimm Architects, Los Angeles, CA, US, Intern Designer
1. Helped coordinate and accomplish a set of schematic design/build documents for a local Los Angeles based college using Revit 2011 and Navis Works 2011.
2. Visited school grounds of future design/build project to gather existing condition information.
3. Coordinated building HVAC systems using Navis works and presented conflicts that helped illustrate design changes to various disciplines during meetings.
4. Helped design facade studies for additional project competition entry on UC campus.
Ghafari Associates, Chicago, IL, US, Project Designer
Assisted in all phases of design over the course of multiple projects ranging between aviation facilities and institutional complexes. Software platforms utilized include Revit, Rhinoceros, 3d Studio Max, Adobe CS4, and AutoCAD.
Saudi Arabian Airlines Jet Propulsion Center : King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
1. Assisted in the initial concept design including programming, massing, and initial floor plan development for the 60,000 sq. meter state-of-the-art jet engine maintenance and overhaul facility.
2. Assisted in concept development for a 500 sq. meter Mosque located in the central courtyard of the facility.
3. Provided presentation book materials including diagrams, sections, floor plans, elevations, and renderings for all aspects of the project throughout its development.
4. Coordinated with structural, civil, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, equipment, and telecommunications disciplines while preparing all sets for building development and submittal. Using Revit 2009, full sets of conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents were created in conjunction with 3-8 other in-house architects during the 1.5 year design process.
5. Participated in client discussions and team meetings throughout the entire course of design.
New Quito International Airport Competition & Exploration Institute
1. Assisted in early design competition proposal.
2. Created sections, elevations, plans, renderings, and diagrams for competition proposal.
3. Provided competition booklets and layouts for submittal.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA, US, Masters, M.Arch 1
Architecture, Urban Planning, Visual Representation, Fabrication, Research, and Theory.
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, US, BArch, Architecture