A versatile architect with an analytical mind, seeking to leverage his successful international experience in Architecture, Consulting & Digital Design Management into a challenging senior position in the domain of architecture & construction industry.
More than twenty-four years of industry experience with a vital mix of design, project management and business development, Chandra has demonstrated core competencies in Architecture, Master planning, Infrastructure Design and Digital Design Management. Abilities in planning, designing and executing different types of projects from inception to completion; Demonstrated effective leadership, communication, coordination, motivation, & team building across multiple projects with international teams of building professionals.
Azizi Investments LLC, Dubai, AE, Design Team Head / Chief Architct
• Advice the developer/client on feasibility, space requirements, costing and time lines
• Develop schemes & concepts for various projects including mixed use developments.
• Oversee and guide a team of designers, architects and engineers as the design team head.
• Manage & deliver several multi-storied mixed-use projects to the tune of USD250m each.
Woods Bagot, Dubai, AE, Senior Architect & CAD Manager
• Over all CAD coordinator for a Nakheel Waterfront Residential development in Dubai
• Design, implement & monitor CAD Standards for the documentation & presentation.
• Assist Project Architects on project establishment, training and related project issues
• Train architects on CAD Standards and Building Information Modeling(BIM) standards.
Covekinloch Architectural Limited,, Auckland, NZ, Senior Architectural Designer
• Research, Analysis and Design solutions to Architectural projects, renovation & refurbishing,
• Concept Design, Detailing and 3D Documentation using CAD and BIM tool such as Vectorworks
• Project Management from inception to completion of several apartment and residential buildings.
• Client administration and management of ongoing projects and periodic site Supervision
Architects Team 3, Ltd., Singapore, SG, Regional Manager/ City Head
• Head of the branch office, manage and run an architectural practice of 20 architects
• Coordinate with clients, contractors and consultants to run projects smoothly on time
• Marketed the firm to bag several projects in Chennai and Bangalore thereby increasing the profits
• Project Architect for Hexaware-IT parks/ IT campuses, Condominiums & other SEZ projects in India.
Singapore Polytechnic, Singapore, SG, Lecturer / Media Lab Manager
• Design, manage and implement and deliver courses in Architectural Studio, CAD/3D & Electives.
• Established Multimedia lab for the architecture school to train students & building professionals
• Modules taught: Architectural Studio, CAD/3D, Digital Photography, & Architectural Presentations.
• In-charge of Multimedia Lab, Authorised Training Centre Manager for Autodesk Advanced ATC.
• Consultant to National CAD Standards, which drafted CAD Standards for Singapore(CP83).
Universität Stuttgart, Stuttgart, DE, MArch, Master of Infrastructure Planning
MIP (Master of Infrastructure Planning), University of Stuttgart, Germany ; Thesis : Managing Urban Growth; Completed in 1989. Scholarship from the Ministry of Arts & Science, Baden Wurttemberg, Stuttgart, a German federal scholarship for 2 years leading to the post-graduate studies M.I.P. at Universität Stuttgart.
Bangalore University, Bangalore City, IN, BArch, Bachelor of Architecture
B. Arch., (Bachelor of Architecture), Bangalore University, India. ; Thesis : Dasara Exhibition Centre. Completed in 1983 with First Class and Distinction
9/87-9/89 Scholarship from the Ministry of Arts & Science, Baden Wurttemberg, Stuttgart, a German federal scholarship for 2 years leading to the post-graduate studies M.I.P. at Universität Stuttgart., Scholarship
Scholarship for 2 years full time study at University of Stuttgart leading to postgraduate degree in Infrastructure Planning. Award of DM 1400/- per month for 24 months covering tuition and living expenses.