see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
3111 Hambletonian Ln. Walnut Creek CA 94598 * Mobile: 925-953-3369 * email: ‘email@example.com
DIRECTOR OF DESIGN/PROJECT MANAGER
Result oriented senior Director of Design/ Project Manager with strong passion and appreciation for design. Track record of achievement in managing architectural projects from inception to completion. Thirty years experience in civic projects, public projects and educational architecture.
1982 to Present
Architectural Design/Master Planning/Urban Design
Director of Design/Sr. Project Manager: Trained, supervised, coordinated staff. Established milestones. Reported to client and consultants. Worked with agencies having jurisdiction. Served as Director of Design. Devised project guidelines, reviewed projects with staff and consultants. Prepared presentation drawings, and construction documents. Oversaw proposal development, zoning analysis, design refinement, code review, and documents production.
• Generated profit through effective project management and creative design solutions.
• Created a successful prototype for ADA Accessible Path of Travel Master Planning.
• Established efficient bilingual communication channels between client/final user and Architect/consultants
• Successfully designed several new, and modernization projects for K-12 and colleges.
• Successfully implemented ADA design changes to several schools and colleges.
• Successfully negotiated land transactions.
• Successfully established new regulations for urban land use.
• Successfully worked with community groups.
Sally Swanson Architects, Inc.
College of the Desert ADA Master Planning- Sausalito Marin City USD- WCCUSD (2005-2013)
• Implemented successful system for coordinating ADA Master Planning with Facilities Master Planning.
• Established efficient communication channels between client/final user and Architect/consultants in a highly polarized school District
• Established efficient communication channels through bilingual presentations between Spanish speaking community/District/Architect.
Ford ES (2006-2011)
• $24 Million project.
• Earned second highest HPI points in the state of California.
• Selected school of the month in California by OPSC, 2012.
• “Richmond Rejoices: Designing a Landmark School makes students and community proud” School Construction News, 2012.
Medellin’s Metro Public Space (1990-1994)
• Director of Urban Design.4 Million SF of new public space. This project initiated the process of Medellin’s urban transformation.
Reconstruction of Armenia after the 1999 earthquake (1999-2000)
• Director of Architectural Design. Co-founder of the Taller de la Ciudad “City Workshop”. Joint effort between Colombia and Barcelona to Master Plan Armenia’s reconstruction.
Master’s Degree in Architecture and Urban Design, UCLA* 1981-1983
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and Urban Planning, UPB (RIBA Accredited), Medellin, Colombia*1973-1978
Dean School of Architecture Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana (UPB), Medellin, Colombia* 1994
Selected by members of UCLA’s academic counseling as one of eight nominees for scholarship of academic excellence.* 1982
One of two UCLA student representatives in Sienna, Italy. Worked with GianCarlo Di Carlo, Peter Smithson, Richard Rogers, Donlyn Lyndon during four months on various urban projects.* 1982
Sally Swanson Architects, Inc., San Francisco, CA, US, director of design/project manager
Director of architectural design. Educational architecture, civic architecture.
Project Manager. Worked with k-12 schools, colleges and universities throughout california.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA, US, MArch, master of architecture and urban design
Worked with Charles Moore, Don Logan. Represented UCLA in Itlay. Worked in Itlay with Giancarlo di Carlo and Richard Rogers.
ILAUD (International Laboratory of Architecture and Urban Design), Siena, IT, MArch, Urban Design
International Laboratory of Architecture and Urban Design. Led by Giancarlo di Carlo and Richard Rogers. Worked on Urban Design proposal for Fontebranda.
Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana (UPB), Medellín, CO, BArch, bachelor of architecture and urban planning
Five year architecture program. One year professional practice. RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architecture) accredited school.
Menlo Aherton PAC, 2nd Place
Partnership between SSA and Antoine Predock for Performing Arts Center for Menlo Atherton High School.
First Prize Medellin's Metro Urban Design, 1st Place
First prize Urban Design competition for public spaces impacted by metro system.