Aug '08 - May '09
the ten questions I just forwarded to the search committee... i'm sure you'll recognize many ideas from around archinect and archischool... any more ideas, what would you want to know from a prospective Director?
1. What is your position on fostering a single school identity vs. multiple viewpoints on design, research and pedagogy? What models would you employ to support your position?
2. What would your ideal relationship be between the school and the city, the local profession and the larger discipline and how would you make that relationship happen?
3. Where do you see architectural education heading in general, where do you want it to head, what do you think about increased specialization within education, what role should technology play?
4. What is the relevance of the individual graduation thesis today?
5. Draw a diagram of the relationship that you would like to see among students, faculty and administration; what is your position on administrative hierarchy, tenure, faculty research, standard vs. flexible curriculum?
6. Draw a diagram of the relationship you would like to see among the Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Ends programs? How do we relate to the University at large?
7. Describe your first 100days in office?
8. What is great about where you teach now? What would you change?
9. Do you have any preconceptions about Canadian Architecture, Canadian Education or Canada in general, how do you see Canadian-ness factoring into your teaching and/or administrating, do you think it should? What do you think about regional vs. international focus to architectural education?
10. When I say SALA, you say _________?
plus... some ideagrams from thesis midreviews... gotta get a tiny bit more specific now;) and tone down the "post-occupation" vibe that my committee seemed to be getting last week... oops... sometimes collages can get away from me... larger images here...