Sep '05 - Dec '05
So far, in country for 28 days. The first week was in Tokyo with old friends, and then three weeks with the SCI_Arc crew, touring around the island of Kyushu. Last week was a Kokura-Korea-Tokyo-Kanazawa-Kyoto whirlwind. Apparently you shouldn't order dog in a Korean restaurant if you are foreign.
pork fried whale.
6. Canal City, Fukuoka. Or as some might say, Fukuwakaka. The best part of the mall was this TV moniter installation, and the Jason Lee/Stereo Etnies sold on the 4th floor Murasaki Sports store.
7. The Hells, Beppu. Beware the tourist traps.
8. Hakozaki temple, Fukuoka. Shinto-style.
9. Drunk in Kanazawa. Never let people do self portraits with your camera. It can be said that a large dose of wabi-sabi makes up for snoring neighbors and no air conditioning.
10. Meet the 700Series bullet train. Not a Nozomi, but it'll get you there on the cheap.