1. A students desire to begin studying architecture tends to sprout from the need for artistic expression.
2. The heartbreak of running into the world of codes, structure, and politics is hard for a student to deal with.
3. Most students who can not handle the shock REVERT to the world of graphic design, web design, interior design, and sometimes art.
4. Schools should prepare students for the shock.
BUILDINGS ARE INTENTIONAL
1. Architects tend to begin design on a project when the program is given to them.
2. This means that developers create the make-up or our world.
3. Developers aren't trained in architecture.
4. Architects should find and propose their own projects.
AESTHETICS & USE
1. People appreciate beauty.
2. People appreciate a healthy lifestyle.
3. After projects are built, critisicm and opinions concentrate on aesthetics and the program is lost.
4. We, as architects, should be aware of the difference between the two.
1. Details of a space are lost when too much time is spent looking at the "big picture" of the building envelope.
2. People rarely experience a building from an ariel perspective.
3. Architects should think more like interior designers.