I am Bantwal Akshay Mallya and I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture in 2012. I am currently working as an Estimator in Construction Specialties Inc. in Cranford, NJ.
CS Construction Specialties, Cranford, NJ, US, Estimator
1. Interprets customer requirement from drawing, verbal or written specifications.
2. Prepares bids based upon drawing specifications, material, labor and finished costs.
3. Corresponds and contacts sales reps to obtain missing info, recommends change or substitution to improve cost, delivery, or product.
4. Interacts with sales reps and C/S personnel to provide accurate bidding.
5. Assists in providing details for order entry, drafting, production and layout of orders received.
6. Works from drawings, bid forms, verbal and written requests to make complete bid.
7. Provides other customer service oriented-activities in providing bids to representatives.
Jg Architects, New York, NY, US, Intern
Office Impressions NYC, Brooklyn New York- Office Furniture Manufacturing, Brooklyn, NY, US, CAD Technician
1. Got trained to learn a new program i.e. Wood CAD CAM in order to design furniture
2. Design custom made furniture on WCC and send it to the saw machine to cut parts
3. Review cut lists of furniture both designed on WCC and based on information provided by clients
4. Administrative work i.e. answering phone calls, reviewing orders, and organizing paper work with order and client information
5. Gained immense knowledge on how furniture is manufactured, put together and built and used that knowledge when making recommendations to clients
5. Expanding the company by promoting it in areas such as Connecticut, New Jersey and Westchester
The Paper Factory Hotel, Long Island City, NY, Intern
1. Measured existing spaces of the hotel that need to be renovated
2. Discussed with the management of the hotel their exact needs for renovation i.e. budget, time frame and what kind of new look they want for their hotel
3. Made 3D proposals for renovating the spaces i.e. Pent House and Spa
4. Did renderings of 3D spaces with proposals for new furniture and replacements keeping in mind the budget
Dawood Engineering Contractors, Muscat, Oman, Intern
1. Prepared detailed section and developed elevation for a mixed-used multi-storey development
2. Prepared 3D CAD Modelling for a few commercial and residential buildings
3. Prepared 3D CAD Modelling and Urban Planning drawings for the proposed AL Fulaij City Project in Barka
4. Involved in detailed development of architecture drawing packages for residential buildings
Office of Housing and Residential Life, NYIT, Old Westbury, NY, US, Maintenance Assistant
1. Assisted in organizing paperwork
2. Created flyers for residential programs on Adobe Photoshop
3. Supervised maintenance runs and cleaning in residence halls
4. Assisted the dean with office work
Space Designers LLC, Muscat, Oman, Intern
1. Aided draftsmen in completing and reviewing construction documents
2. Edited and rendered finished projects on Autodesk Revit
3. Visited construction site of new headquarters of Public Authority for Social Insurance, Muscat, Oman
4. Attended meetings and communicated with clients and contractors during fieldwork and at the office
5. Collaborated with the principal architect Mr. Gupta
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), New York, NY, US, Bachelors, Architecture