see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
I have a passion for hospitality design, which is what I specialised in during my college education in Dubai, one of the world's hotel hubs. After working briefly in Dubai and cutting my teeth in the industry, I moved to New York, where I was both a full time interior designer and contributor to Hospitality Design magazine. You see, a have a passion for writing as well, which has served me well, as my bosses always appreciate my impeccable writing and communication skills. What can I say, I love people, and love talking to them!
Entrepreneur, Interior Designer, Dubai, New York, London , Entrepreneur and Freelance Design Writer
I recently took time off design to fulfill lifelong dream of opening my own retail store with my sisters which I designed and constructed entirely from scratch, delivering on time and on budget. It was a great feeling to just take a year or so to focus on these things, as I am still young, and didn't want to always think "what if?"
• Stayed in the design industry on an editorial side directing photo shoots and writing about high-end residential for House and Garden UK and Harper’s BAZAAR.
• Wrote about the world’s latest hotels for acclaimed publication Hospitality Design
BG Studio International Inc., New York , Senior Project Designer
• Lead designer on Celebrity Cruises’ Reflection vessel, designing the main lobby, Sky Observation Lounge/Nightclub and the trendy Martini Bar. Managed design and FF&E
• Lead designer on Nakheel’s prestigious Queen Elizabeth 2 project, designing the Queen’s Grill, Whiskey and Martini Bars, Britannia Grill, Princess Grill and the 5-deck Funnel Penthouse, conceived as the most luxurious penthouse ever built.
• Lead designer on Liberty Luxe and Liberty Green, high-rise towers on two of the last buildable sites in New York’s Battery Park, which included typical apartments, lobbies, amenity lounges and pool/roof decks. Managed design, FF&E selections, budget, delivery and installation.
• Served as interior designer on several projects such as Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, the two largest cruise ships ever built.
• Styled and directed photo shoots of all BG Studio’s completed projects.
Gruzen Samton Architects, LLP, New York, NY, US, Interior Designer
• Worked on residential lobby project in Seoul, Korea- DD package
• Created specifications for the design standards of all Kidville stores in New York City
Various, Dubai , Interior Design Consultant
• Responsible for running local firm Design Diva’s first Hospitality Design project- the establishment of 3 new F and B concepts for the Jebel Ali International Golf Resort and Spa, a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
o Created contract and related documentation, full concept design, specifications and quotation documentation
o Liaised with the Client (Hotel General Manager and the owners, DUTCO, Dubai’s leading engineering and construction conglomerate)
• Worked with South Africa-based Mirage Mille Leisure and Development to create Jumierah’s Bab al Shams Desert Resort and Spa
• Liaised with the architects for design of the Spa, Conference center, Rooftop Terraces, Manager’s Villa, Hotel Lobby and Port Cochere
• Selected and specified furniture, fabrics, lighting, art and accessories.
American University in Dubai, Dubai, AE, Bachelors, Interior Architecture
Specialised in Hospitality Design, with most of the coursework taking place on active hotel projects and building sites in the burgeoning city of Dubai.
Maintained highest cumulative grade point average among students in Interior Design department all 4 years
Published in “Who’s Who” series which profiles outstanding students from universities around the world
Prepared Dissertation on Psychology of Space in Dubai hotels, and Senior Thesis on hotel design (with case studies on Shangri-La Dubai, and Starwood’s W hotels) both of which received top honors from critics & reviewers