I am currently a student in the undergraduate architecture program at UCLA. My interests in architecture include historic preservation, urban design, and the link between architecture and culture.
UCLA Colleges Against Cancer, Los Angeles, CA, US, Advocacy Chair/Online Chair
• Collaborate with other committees to organize Relay for Life and thus raise money for cancer research.
• Promote cancer education/awareness at Relay for Life by setting up an activities tent at Relay for Life.
• Host Rock Out for a Cure, a free concert to spread cancer education/awareness and to recruit teams for Relay for Life.
• Inform people and sign them up for ACS CAN (American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network), so they receive updates on progress in cancer legislation.
• Manage the Relay for Life website.
OC Public Works, Santa Ana, CA, US, Intern
• Aiding county planners with completing plan checks and filling out planning memos.
• Assisting with efforts to go paperless by the year 2014 by preparing planning applications and general plans for scanning.
• Shadowing employees at permit processing counter.
A+D Museum, Los Angeles, CA, US, Intern
• Assisted with installation and de-installation of museum exhibits such as the Charles and Ray Eames, Come in! Les Femmes, and Eero Saarinen exhibits.
• Aided in organizing the museum’s fundraiser, Celebrate 2012, by sending invitations, setting up and checking people in at the event.
• Contact schools in the LA area to promote the volunteering department at A+D.
• Organize financial information and mailing information in Excel spreadsheets.
TL Group, Anaheim Hills, CA, US, Intern
• Drafted as-built plans of La Linda Plaza office suite on AutoCAD.
• Visited sites for apartment complexes in Placentia that were under construction.
• Organized the desk drawers and file cabinets in the office.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA, US, Bachelors, Architecture
Architectural Studies Major
Urban Planning Minor