ART DIRECTOR AND ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER
Versatile Art Director and Architectural Designer with solid experience in developing new products from concept through manufacturing and merchandising. Detail oriented, creative problem solver with proven ability to create schematic drawings, hand sketches, AutoCAD drafting, material selection/textural aesthetics, packaging and marketing. Ability to manage multiple design projects simultaneously to include; design development, contract development and assessment, milestone development, budget management and exceptional communications with executive management, sub-contractors, and vendors.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Conceptual Design • Design Development
• AutoCAD, Hand Sketching • Project Management
• Material Selection • Relationship Management
• Construction Administration • Vendor Relations/Negotiations
Andrea Valentini, Providence, RI, US, Art and Media Director
Architectural and fashion design house recognized for custom molded textiles.
• Participated in Monopoly X Junk Food Art House fashion show, during New York Fashion Week (NYFW), by co-designing and solely constructing an interpreted unique, exhibition of a complete ensemble look representing the Indiana Avenue property; show sponsored by Hasbro and Elle Magazine’s STYLE360.
• Conceptualize, design and construct model’s shoes for StyleWeek Providence 2012 Spring/Summer fashion show; recommended and implemented changes.
• Create brand identity by tailoring handbag and specialty jewelry collections, product photography, model photography, social media strategy, ecommerce website, marketing materials, and packaging.
• Assist lead designer/owner during design process of jewelry and lifestyle handbags for seasonal collections, while monitoring fashion trends, managing material selection and quality control.
• Negotiate pricing and monitor quality of samples from domestic and international manufacturers; resolve basic and complex issues in a timely manner.
• Designed first E-commerce website from conception through completion to include; overall website look, navigation and operational components, while maintaining a strict budget.
Alex and Ani, Cranston, RI , Assistant Creative Director
An eco-friendly company that designs and creates bangle bracelets, necklaces, earrings and rings.
• Designed store layout, custom fabricated displays, and artwork for two (2) retail locations; created mock-ups of store fronts for landlords and City permit officials; obtained construction approvals.
• Managed and communicated with contractors, subcontractors and vendors to ensure project timeline and budget constraints were met ($65k per location) during construction phases for retail stores; negotiated costs with vendors and contractors; resolved flooring issues.
• Designed custom made stainless steel display cases and nesting tables for 12 retail store locations to include; overall design and detailing, inlay and lighting features.
• Assisted in creating brand artwork, as well as digital and print marketing materials for Alex and Ani, A2, and Vintage 66 by Alex and Ani brands; recommended and implemented design changes
• Contributed to creative direction and prop styling during photo shoots to develop and maintain a cohesive brand aesthetic.
Dimeo Construction Company, Providence, RI, US, Project Engineer Intern
Leading commercial construction management company serving New England.
• Partnered with client, project management teams and superintendents in the demolition and steel erection phases on the addition of the South Shore Plaza Mall in Braintree, MA.
• Generated a PowerPoint presentation and presentation board of the site logistics and timeline; recognized flaws with existing plan, recommended and implemented site logistic changes thus consolidating the project construction schedule and a more cohesive layout.
• Designed graphic presentations for site logistics and safety orientation presentation in compliance with OSHA standards, as well as City/Town guidelines utilized for employee training.
Smook Architecture and Urban Design, Boston, MA, US, Architectural Intern
Award winning residential, commercial and urban planning architectural design firm.
• Participated in design process on new construction commercial projects, renovation residential projects, and urban design projects in schematic and design phases.
• Drafted proficient schematic drawings, building designs, construction documents, renderings, presentations, and competition boards.
• Designed and produced marketing materials for client portfolios, creating brand identity.
Robinson Green and Beretta, Providence, RI, Architectural Intern
Award winning commercial, institutional and government building architectural design firm.
• Partnered with architecture and interior design teams on academic, transportation, and housing commercial projects in schematic, design and construction administration phases.
• Drafted Construction Documents and Millwork using AutoCAD software.
• Created architectural diagrams, renderings, and presentation boards for clients.
Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, MA, US, MArch, Architecture
Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, MA, US, BArch, Architecture
SHIFTboston, Honorable Mention
• Proposed a design to create floating mobile parks consisting of barges to revitalize Boston’s waterfront.
• Featured as a honorary finalist at SHIFTboston Forum where a critique was held to discuss innovative ideas to shift the perception of Boston.
• Selected to present proposal at Pecha Kucha Boston’s 20x20 Talk discussing barges as temporary extensions of real estate, thus promoting tourism, mobility, and advancing the local economy.