Sungil Choi received his Master of Architecture from Washington University in St. Louis in 2009 and his Bachelor of Arts in Urban Planning & Design from the University of Missouri-Kansas City in 2004, to which he transferred from Keimyung University after two years of studying architectural engineering.
He has worked at Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power since 2010 as a client-side project engineer. While there, he traveled to the United Arab Emirates to work at the Barakah nuclear power plant construction site for a year. In 2005, he worked as an architectural designer at LaTona Architects in the United States.
He has been deeply committed to seeking harmony between the old and the new, balance between fantasy and reality, and cooperation between architects and engineers. He is constantly studying and working to create better architectural and urban environments.
Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power, Busan, KR, Project Engineer
- Specialize in project management on construction and repair of building structures.
- Prepare tender documents including construction cost estimates, bill of quantities, drawings, and specifications; and review design documents, design changes, and progress payments.
- Oversee construction activities on site to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, quality standards, relevant regulations, and contract agreements; and provide technical input and expertise to the work of contractors.
Latona Architects, Kansas City, Missouri, US, Architectural Designer
- Prepared and developed drawings of building design projects from the schematic design phase to the construction document phase; and made sketches and models to present design ideas.
- Managed the design process to make key design decisions regarding size, style, space, structure, and materials; and ensured compliance with regulations, building codes, and local planning and zoning laws.
- Participated in various types of projects including churches, apartments, houses, schools, restaurants, and a car wash.
Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri, US, Master of Architecture
University of Missouri - Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri, US, BA in Urban Planning & Design