Sungil Choi received his Master of Architecture from Washington University in St. Louis in 2009 and his Bachelor of Arts in Urban Planning & Design from the University of Missouri-Kansas City in 2004, to which he transferred from Keimyung University after two years of studying architectural engineering.
He has worked at Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power since 2010 as a client-side project engineer. While there, he traveled to the United Arab Emirates to work at the Barakah nuclear power plant construction site for a year. In 2005, he worked as an architectural designer at LaTona Architects in the United States.
He has been deeply committed to seeking harmony between the old and the new, balance between fantasy and reality, and cooperation between architects and engineers. He is constantly studying and working to create better architectural and urban environments.
Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power, Busan, KR, Project Engineer
- Responsible for construction supervision, engineering, and maintenance of nuclear power plant structures and other kinds of buildings.
- Prepare tender documents including construction cost estimates, bill of quantities, drawings, and specifications for repair works and inspection services.
- Participate in evaluating and reviewing all aspects of construction technical documents, design changes, non-conformance reports, progress payments, and other documentation developed by prime contractors.
- Monitor construction activities to ensure that the work is executed in accordance with the design requirements, contract agreements, schedule, and quality standards; and provide technical input and expertise to the work of contractors.
- Worked as an architectural engineer at the construction site of the BNPP Units 1&2 in the United Arab Emirates from 2012 to 2013.
Latona Architects, Kansas City, Missouri, US, Architectural Designer
- Responsible for project design, construction documentation, code analysis, cost estimating, construction observation, and client relations.
- Managed architectural projects and made design decisions regarding building arrangement, spatial organization, material selection, architectural finishing, landscaping, and parking.
- Involved in all phases of architectural design and developed designs from concept to final production through making sketches, models, and drawings.
- Participated in various types of projects including churches, apartments, houses, schools, restaurants, and a car wash.
Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri, US, Master of Architecture
University of Missouri - Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri, US, BA in Urban Planning & Design