Highly talented and results-driven Architectural Designer / Project Manager with +15 years of experience in K-12 and College/University, Municipal and Multi-Family Construction, Building Condition Surveys and Capital Facility Management and Planning. Proven ability to manage high-profile multi-million dollar projects from concept through final inspections, identify and capitalize on new business opportunities, develop strategic planning and marketing initiatives. Expertise performing design and construction activities, conducting cost analyses, and implementing cost containment measures. Proven track record building strong customer and collaborative partnerships; ensuring all goals, objectives and directives align with customer requirements; and driving bottom-line profits. Top-performer, respected leader, and valuable contributor to cross-collaboration and executive management teams.
St. Joseph's Hospital & Healthcare Center, Syracuse, NY, US, Freelance Architectural Consultant
ST. JOSEPH’S HOSPITAL & HEALTH CENTER, Syracuse NY 2011 – Present
Facility Department: Engineering & Construction Services
FREELANCE ARCHITECTURAL SERVICE CONSULTANT
• Perform client needs assessments, develop and implement capital improvement to meet client’s strategic plan. Design and produce construction drawings and specifications in compliance with local applicable codes and zoning, ordinances and regulations.
• Perform required field investigations and document program needs, construction inspections, project administration, payments and schedules. Prepare and process budget requests and execute project from conception through completion.
Ashley McGraw Architects, Syracuse, NY, US, Project Manager
ASHLEY McGRAW ARCHITECTS P.C. Syracuse NY 1997 – 2010
Designed and managed multi-million dollar projects, staffing, schedule and budget control, client and consultant relations, delegation of assignments, quality and quantity control. Managed all aspects of the firm’s operations, performed the full range of professional architectural, interior, capital facilities survey and planning activities that required a high degree of technical judgment, imagination and resourcefulness. Represented agencies concerned with construction document standards where emphasis was on the advisory review connection with the City, State and Federal Zoning & Regulations. Assisted Partners-in-Charge identifying and securing new/existing clients and consultants. Developed and implemented project design to meet client’s goals and objectives. Independently made recommendations and decisions to resolve project related problems.
HIGHTLIGHTS OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Managed and successfully achieved exclusively larger-scope high profile, multi-million dollar projects (ranging from $1M – 40M).
• Managed and successfully built a loyal client-base by consistently providing excellent service. Gained the fully respect of clients, consultants, government officials, vendors and colleagues.
• Selected by Executive Management Team to serve on the “Core Strategic Planning Team” to advise the firm’s operation process, development, and directions.
• Led and challenged design team and client to think broadly and non-traditionally, to solve design
challenges with focus on sustainable strategies: a mutually beneficial relationship between nature and technology. The resulting projects that became the first net-zero energy building in New York State, approved by U.S. Green Building Council under its Leadership in Energy and Environment Design Program (LEED), recognized as design award-wining projects locally and nationally.
Onondaga Community College, Syracuse, NY, US, Adviseo / Case Manager
ONONDAGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Syracuse NY 1995 – 1997
JOBSPlus! Department of Social Services
ADVISOR / CASE MANAGER
Developed and modified curriculums, prepared and provided coursework and counseling to help welfare recipients become independence. Report case progress status to Department Director and assisted her in identifying new and existing clients, consultants. Managed client’s progress and consultant relations. Provided social support for immigrants, refugees. Helped them network and adjust to new life in America. Provided translation services to keyed workshops, regulations & guidelines.
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, US, BArch, Architecture
Onondaga Community College, Syracuse, NY, US, Architecture Technology & Interior
Please see Award Description, Award
LEED CERTIFIED PROJECTS
• LEED Gold Rating – USGBC, 2010: Liberty HS Media Center (First Net-Zero), Liberty NY
• LEED Silver Rating – USGBC, 2002: Glass Tower Hall , SUNY Cortland NY
ARCHITECTURE DESIGN AWARD-WINING PPROJECTS
• Citation Award – AS&U Magazine, 2010 - Liberty HS Media Center, Liberty NY
• Grand Prize – Building Modernization Award – Building Magazine, 2006 – HTCSD, NY
• Merit Award – AIACNY, Learning By Design Magazine, 2004 – Woodrow Wilson Elem., NY
• Outstanding Design Award – AS&U Magazine, 2002 – Glass Tower Hall, SUNY Cortland NY
• Merit Award – McGraw-Hill’s Best of NY Construction, 2002 – Glass Tower Hall , Cortland, NY
• Merit Award – AIACNY, Learning By Design Magazine, 2000 – John C. Birdlebough HS, NY
• Merit Award – AIACNY, Learning By Design Magazine, 1999 – S.S. Seward Institute, Florida NY