In an attempt to be cool and desired in all cliques and settings, from a very young age Andres Lamos has been refining his ability to work effectively in a variety of environments and adapt easily to new concepts. From learning his second language, English, plus French and Italian, to high level sports and college design competitions, to professionally and skillfully contributing to multiple types of projects within all project development phases, Andres’ life experiences have allowed him to possess excellent multi-tasking, prioritization, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Always eager, natural-born designer Andres Lamos has found himself not only working in the architecture field, but also creatively expressing himself as an entrepreneur, painter, and in a more recent turn of events scratching the surface of UX, UI and brand design while starting to teach himself technical skills to be able to generate and develop these new ideas through a wide range of media.
Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects, New York, NY, US, Architectural Designer
• Collaborated with a design team to transform functional and spatial requirements into feasible design solutions for competitions.
• Aided in presentation materiel for mixed-used building competitions in the East, Mid-West & West Coast.
• Evaluated New York City building code and regulations in order to submit RFP’s and feasibility studies.
Rogers Marvel Architcts, New York, NY, US, Junior Architectural Designer
Studio 1 Architects, Union City, NJ, US, Freelance Architectural Designer
Leopoldo Rosati Interior Design, LIC, NY, US, Freelance Architectural Designer
Parsons Brinckerhoff, New York, NY, US, Associate Architect
• Cooperate with Amman&Whitney Consulting Engineers (A&W) and the School Construction Authority (SCA) to complete the Building Condition Assessment Survey (BCAS) project for 2012-‐2013.
• Conduct survey to address major architectural and structural components of all New York City school buildings to the extent as requested by the SCA.
• Work in a team with a licensed architect, electrical and mechanical engineer to assure quality standards.
• Use hand-‐held tablets to transform field information collected into presentable data and reports.
C+C Architecture, Newark, NJ, US, Intern
Rutgers University, Newark, NJ, US, Minor in Art History and Photography
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, NJ, US, BArch, Architecture
Greenpoint Gallery Portrait Salon Show, 2nd Place
Awarded Runner-Up and selected to exhibit art work in a shared gallery space.
Creator Series Exhibition, Other
Selected to exhibit art work in a Times Square bar/gallery space.
The Siena Studio, Award
Creative workshop published in Abitare Magazine (Online).
Design/Build Masonry Studio Competition Award, 1st Place
Best Presentation; Best Mock Up Design; Best Overall.