Interior Design is not simply finding a solution to a problem. Creating a space that can change and grow with the occupants takes a multifaceted approach of understanding the environment, the intended use, and the potential inherent within that space.
My strength as a designer derives from several interests that have coalesced into a comprehensive approach. My first area of studies - literature and psychology - provides the means to better understand and communicate what I see within the space. Several years of customer service experience has honed a sense of patience and the potential to work with others toward the bigger picture. Three years of merchandising in the home improvement industry has not only led to a deeper understanding of materials and finishes, but it has also provided the opportunity to see the marketability and effectiveness of retail space planning. Leading a team through the execution of corporate merchandising standards has been invaluable as well.
Obtaining my second BA in Interior Design from Kean University, I was able to combine my skills along with foundational elements to develop a holistic approach that is open to adaptation.
The Home Depot, Mahwah, NJ, US, Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor
- Leads team of 7-15 people in reset project execution and store maintenance
- Trains associates in job performance standards and corporate procedures
- Communicates set integrity information with store management and vendors
The Home Depot, Totowa, NJ, US, Decor Specialist
- Provided consultations to determine optimal solutions for decorative finishes
- Executed sales acquisitions and installation service expedition
- Acquired Product Knowledge Expert Certification in Flooring, Paint and Decor
- Awarded District Decor Specialist of the Month: April, May and June 2009
Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River, NJ, US, Editorial Assistant
- Created and executed contracts for new and existing authors
- Acted as liaison between Acquisitions Editor and Sales Force
- Provided essential documents and payment information to authors
Follett Corporation, New Brunswick, NJ, US, Textbook Coordinator
- Established business networks between vendors and faculty
- Aided Receiving Department in order verification and fulfillment
- Executed buybacks and proper inventory management
- Trained and developed new associates in textbook sales practices
Kean University, Union, NJ, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Developed foundation in space planning, materials and finishes, building codes, sustainability, hand drafting, AutoCAD, Photoshop, perspective drawing, graphic design elements, collaborative design, lighting, watercolor and 2D/3D design.
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, US, Bachelors, English Literature / Psychology
Comprehensive studies of American, British and world literature and the history that influenced it. Extensive research writing and critiquing of prose and poetry.
Foundation in psychology with a strong focus on sensation and perception, behavior and development. Conducted research in a laboratory setting.