I have a 2:1 degree in Applied Arts (Contemporary Furniture Design) and love being creative with Designs and Art. I'm currently studying Architectural Technology BSc at University Campus Suffolk whilst working at Rees Pryers Architects in Bury st Edmonds.
I believe I have well educated and practised knowledge of design and am currently looking for an internship to allow me to gain the experience and technical skills to develop my ideas.
I am exceptionally well organised and practical, excellent at problem solving and making systems more efficient. I thrive in high pressure situations and take on additional responsibilities with a flexible proactive attitude.
I have an eye for detail and am passionate about linking excellent functionality with modern aesthetics. As a designer I was selected to exhibit at the Victoria and Albert Museum for Childhood, London and New Designers at the Business Design Centre, London. I am committed to continuing my interest in design through a career in architectural/ building development.
Hollins Architects and Surveyors, London, GB, Surveyors Assistant
• Assisted with land and building surveys.
• Translated data into CAD drawings.
• Developed existing CAD drawings.
KLH Architects, London, GB, Architects Assistant
• Researched design features of a development site for presentation.
• Developed freehand and CAD drawings for concept development.
Wolfe Von Lenkiewicz, London, GB, Artists Assistant
•Developed CAD drawings for exhibition plan.
•Researched and sourced materials.
•Developed proposals for business plan.
•Researched exhibition and studio space.
HIVE Projects, T1+2 Galleries, London, GB, Project Manager
• Development site manger.
• Responsible for ordering and sourcing build materials.
• Coordinated work force; contracted plumbers, electricians, painters and decorators.
• Managed a team of volunteers.
• Managed administration team and finances.
• Liaised with resident artists and tenants.
• Obtained development sponsors.
University Campus Suffolk (UCS), Ipswich, GB, Architectural Technology FdSc
This course has enabled me to take my work forward, from design to technical understanding of vast structure and property development.
Middlesex University, London, GB, Applied Arts BA Hons