Aekta A. Shah
Architectural Design, Engineering Drafting, Construction Documents,
Hand & Computer Rendering, Graphic Presentation & Layouts, Client Satisfaction
Current United Controls Group, Inc. Columbus, Ohio
• Creating engineering schematic & assembly layouts internally for clients such as Rolls Royce and Cameron using AutoCAD & Promis•E software.
• In charge of creating Engineering standards and other documents to help with the process of on time delivery for energy panels.
• Developing a system in which drawings would be marked up and completed within server and given to customers.
2009-2010 JDSI Engineering Services Columbus, Ohio
• Providing AutoCAD drafting support for engineering & architectural projects.
• Design/draft architectural plans for educational facilities & river restorations.
2006-2009 Independent Contractor Columbus, Ohio
• Constructing advertisements for an online newspaper, ads made for various clients including Barnum & Bailey circus using Photoshop
• Creating a building design targeting upper middle-class families while maintaining the original theme of a historic building for restaurant & bar.
• Development of an initial design for a hotel lobby expansion. Site survey and preliminary drawings.
• First place- Redesign charrette to create a new façade for restaurant in Pacific Beach, California.
2008 Master of Architecture San Diego, California
The NewSchool of Architecture & Design
Concentration: Art & Design, Technology, and Professional Practice
2005 Bachelor of Arts Columbus, Ohio
The Ohio State University
Concentration: Art - Dean’s List
Fourth Trip - Fluent in Gujarati, Some Hindi
2007 Denmark, Sweden and Finland
Architectural summer study abroad
NewSchool of Architecture + Design, San Diego, CA, US, Masters, Architecture