Dynamic and motivated individual with 15 years of progressive experience in all phases of the design process. Expertise in design, documentation, team and consultant coordination, agency approvals, and construction administration. Strengths include:
* Proven track record of incorporating sustainable design principals into K-12 school design
* Developing design solutions consistent with client needs, and code requirements
* Problem solver and collaborative team player with a positive attitude
* Licensure Status: Completed Architectural Registration Exam 2013. Pending California Supplemental Exam
* Computer Skills: Revit 2012, Autocad 2011, Autodesk Ecotect, Microsoft office, Microsoft Project, sketchup
Hibser Yamauchi Architects, Oakland, CA, US, Project Architect/ Project Manager
Selected Project Accomplishments:
· Oakland Unified School District , Stonehurst CDC: Project Manager
New 6,700 SF CHPS designed Child Development Center. Responsible for all phases of the design process including programming, design, client management, DSA approvals, coordination of consultant’s work, and construction administration. Spearheaded CHPS design and documentation. Construction completed in March 2013, total construction budget: $3.1 M.
· Leadership Public Schools: Assistant Project Manager
Developed various schematic design options to assist the client in finding the best fit for a new home for their Middle School Campus in Oakland, CA. Collaborated with a GC to help client manage costs early on in the process. Responsibilities included design, code analysis, site committee presentations, and programming.
· West Contra Costa Unified School District
Fairmont Elementary School: Collaborated with the project team to design and document all CHPS points requirements including day-lighting design and analysis using Ecotect
Portola Middle School: Collaborated with the project team to complete CDs as well as design and document CHPS requirements for day-lighting design and analysis using Ecotect
Dover Elementary School: Team member for this $25M modernization and expansion project. Completed construction documents, and provided CA support.
· Hayward Unified School District:
MLK Middle School: Job Captain - Collaborated with the project team to complete design and Construction documents for MLK Middle School - $30M Construction budget
· San Carlos Unified School District:
White Oaks Elementary School: Job Captain – Comprehensive site and building accessibility upgrades, seismic retrofit work, fire alarm system replacement, re-roofing, and new data network. Led the design and documentation effort, coordinated consultant’s work, successfully completed back-check requirements to attain DSA approval.
· HealthCare Projects:
Kaiser Permanente (various projects): strengthened Kaiser Permanente’s service capabilities by completing numerous projects including:
. MRI/CT scan suite, Kaiser Fremont
. New scope washer and fume exhaust system, Kaiser Fremont
. Various ADA upgrade projects in Kaiser Oakland and Hayward campuses
. Pharamacy renovation, Kaiser Permanente, Richmond, CA
. 22 Bed expansion, Kaiser Permanent, Richmond, CA
Gensler, San Ramon, CA, US, Job Captain
· Worked on a number of core and shell Bank of America branches in Northern California.
Hornberger + Worstell, San Francisco, CA , Designer
· Duties included code analysis, construction documents, and programming for the 665,000 North Star Village in Lake Tahoe.
University of California, Berkeley, BArch, Environmental Design