Aspiring Architecture Intern; Highly Motivated and Driven by Design being the Lead Innovator.
The Hartford Insurance Company, Windsor, CT, US, Service Specialist
• Responsible for accurately converting customer information and related original documents into digital files in accordance with daily volume metrics and deadlines.
• Reviewed financial and beneficiary documentation and assigned proper work type and task protocol for processing.
• Assisted various departments with ad hoc projects and assignments.
Department of Housing and Neighborhood Preservation, Virginia Beach, VA, Virginia Beach, VA, US, Intern
• Assisted in the creation of the Virginia Beach Pattern Book, which illustrates stylistic design solutions to existing single family detached dwellings in Virginia Beach.
• Documented and compiled architectural styles in Virginia Beach neighborhood homes.
• Explored viable expansion designs for Virginia Beach neighborhood homes.
• Crafted visual graphics and diagrams to depict consolidated design information for presentation to Virginia Beach City Government, Housing & Neighborhood Preservation.
Hampton University, Hampton, VA, US, Teacher's Assistant (Graduate Assistant)
• Instructed freshman architecture courses teaching fundamental elements of design and professional design language.
• Led class lectures and discussion.
• Developed projects and associated grading rubrics.
Hampton University, Hampton, VA, US, Lead Resident Assistant
• Advised and counseled 250 residents on academic, personal, social and financial issues.
• Assisted the Residence Hall Director & Graduate Assistant in the maintenance of high quality study environment for optimal student academic development.
• Enforced and implemented university rules & regulations within the residence halls.
• Supervised building staff and resident assistants to ensure university standards were met.
• Conducted staff meetings and organized social and educational activities for students.
Hampton University, Hampton, VA, US, MArch, Architecture
The Master of Architecture degree is accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB). The program in architecture is formally structured in a 5 1/2 year curriculum leading to the Master of Architecture first professional degree.
The Hampton University Department of Architecture has long been recognized as one of the leading architecture programs among the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU), and has been placing African Americans in the profession of architecture for over 50 years.
Tau Sigma Delta Bronze Metal, Nomination
Walt Disney ImagiNations Design Competition, Other
Best Craftsmanship, Award
T. David Fitz-Gibbon Scholarship, Scholarship