I have been in the Corporate Real Estate field servicing a diverse client base within large companies which I have found great reward. I am committed to progress which means I am always looking for progressive solutions to ensure the exact needs of my client's goals.
My career in the REFM industry started with CAD management and space planning which expanded into CAD/CAFM administration. My assignments have required application in areas of project management, site-surveying, client interface and document management (creating standards for drawings, reporting and processes to service each customer as needed) while directing internal teams on CAD/CAFM practices.
The following are some of the tasks I have been responsible for in my roles.
1. Managing space for clients and addressing workplace concerns.
2. Working with engineers and other FM staff in defining the workflows and managing their process.
3. Ownership of master CAD drawings, database standards and tables, and documentation
. The above efforts and others were performed to meet the demands of accomplishing a progressive work-flow that is IWMS (Integrated Workplace Management Systems).
Building Information Systems, LLC, Bellevue, WA, US, CAFM Administrator at Bridgewater, LCC
▪ On-site at Bridgewater, LLC. Contracted to maintain the accuracy of the client's CAFM system.
▪ Assisted facilities space management team with daily work flow tasks using "FM: Systems"
▪ Responsible for creating the space management newsletter highlighting challenges & successes.
Johnson Compan, Inc., Stamford, CT, US, Project Manager (CAD/CAFM Specialist)
▪ Account manager responsible for the CAD drawings and maintenance of client’s IWMS.
▪ Subject matter expert providing knowledge to software developers of the IWMS - “Sequentra”
▪ Performed DEMOs of Sequentra space management module to new prospects and trained end-users.
Robotech CAD Solutions, Hoboken, NJ, US, CAFM Manager at UBS (Stamford, CT campus)
▪ Managed the Stamford campus CAFM database totaling for quarterly allocation reporting.
▪ Responsible for CAD drawings, delivering the departmental stacking diagrams and ad-hoc reporting.
▪ Guided corporate real estate staff on effectively using AutoCAD with relation to IWMS - "Archibus".
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, NJ, US, Engineering Science
I attended NJIT as a part time evening student in the “Engineering Science” program. I took several math & science courses in a two year time frame in pursuit of my goal to obtain a Bachelor of Science degree. I withdrew from studying with the intention of continuing in the near future and put more focus on my career which was starting to take form in the CRE industry.
Essex County College, Newark, NJ, Prerequisites for transfer to NJIT
I enrolled at Essex County College and passed all of the prerequisite courses in order to transfer to NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology) engineering program. The courses completed in math were: Algebra I, II and trigonometry. The courses in English were: English composition I and II. The course in history was: World civilizations.
Union Technical Institute, Neptune, NJ, CADD (Computer Aided Design & Drafting)
At Union Technical Institute, I enrolled in the “Engineering Drawing Computer Aided Design & Drafting (CADD) curriculum. The course provided hands-on training in all of the engineering drafting disciplines: Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Structural and Landscaping which were taught by combining both manual and computer drafting. I maintained above average grades and received a “Merit Award” for the various projects I submitted showing my ability to deliver high quality mechanical drawings and illustrations. AutoCAD was the application used to teach the basics of CAD and hardcopy printing (plotting).